cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info372
First-timer (legacy)
When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?
114 Comments
orders195
First-timer (legacy)
I'm adding my voice for a local pickup, including a field for the person who actually picked up the order. This has to be easy compared with writing glue code for shippers APIs. Seems like (modest) masses have spoken on this.
shari
First-timer (legacy)
Yes! Exactly, we also have those who walk in and buy, those who pre-order and Will Call, plus we do Installations of our products, and large orders go by common carrier or Freight. We have to add notes and keep checking as items are picked up, installed or freighted. We have to mark those as "SHIPPED" to close them out. But at that point, did they pick it up or did we install it. We have to read the entire order to see what and when things have been finished.
dale4
First-timer (legacy)
I vote for this as well. We use a local courier for package deliveries within 5 miles of our warehouse. It would be great to set up a custom carrier service, and even better if I could set specific rules that apply that service to packages with shipping addresses within a specified radius I select.
alexis3
First-timer (legacy)
This would be incredibly helpful. Even if the notice didn't include a link, just the name of the carrier, it would be a big help. One thing I *think* might work is doing a bulk shipping update and instead of typing in the tracking number add the carrier name plus the tracking number. This would display on the client side I think.
alexis3
First-timer (legacy)
I am really looking forward to this being implemented, but for now here is how I am handling this: I have created a couple of custom email templates that don't include a link for the tracking number, that way you can enter whatever you want in the "mark as shipped" field as plain text and the client won't expect a link. We do about half of our orders as dropships, but we love the look of the SS shipping notifications and want things to be consistent for the client. Doing these manual email templates isn't ideal, but it definitely works for us for now.
allproinc
First-timer (legacy)
This is a definite matter to address. Billions of products are shipped LTL carrier. Even freightquote has a usable API but no one works on the intergration
benedict
First-timer (legacy)
MUST HAVE. Taking this idea one step further for all those 100's of countries out there that don;t have a shipping supplier that works with ShipStation yet (I'm looking at you Australia!!), can we PLEASE have the ability to create CUSTOM SHIPPING LABELS as well as custom shipping methods. Then we can just print normal address labels for customers to stick on our parcels. Just use the same design engine you have for your packing slips, Shipstation. And then we will have a workaround until we get your awesome software working with DHL, TOLL, Australia Post, whatever!
royce
First-timer (legacy)
Word!
shari
First-timer (legacy)
I use the "other" in ship mether and in the tracking information I note whether it was picked up at our location or if it was installed or if it was shipped via a freight company not on your list. Most frustrating is all the time spent tracking everything down on a daily basis. Thanks
ben42
First-timer (legacy)
I usually choose 'other' and where you enter tracking info I write the freight company as well.