cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info372
First-timer (legacy)
When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?
114 Comments
kane2
First-timer (legacy)
This is the only feature that is missing for me, as I sell some of my products from the UK there is no way to process them in shipstation to print a label with just the address, if you allow custom methods, this opens up a lot of potential for international sellers using their own methods! I will probably return to this program if there is a way, but without this feature it is useless for me
redbeautytextil
First-timer (legacy)
I live in Austin and get many customers wanting to just pay a Paypal invoice and pick up their order. It's called "Local Pickup" nothing strange or weird about it. It would be good to add the carrier as local pickup then six months later when I'm looking at my records I can tell what happened. With marking the order as "shipped" that only has me scratching my head wondering how.
info924
First-timer (legacy)
It would also be great to allow a user to add/delete/customize shipping carriers within the drop down menu of "marked shipped" section. Currently if you have the unenviable task of posting tracking numbers you have to scroll through a bunch of carriers that you never use. It would be useful and more efficient to enable/hide all those carriers you actually use. We only use USPS, Fedex, UPS and ONtrac but we have to scroll through a very long list of carriers that we don't use in order to select the carrier choices we use.
contact81
First-timer (legacy)
I agree. Right now, eBay is offering free return labels on any orders with labels printed through eBay until December 31st. This could be huge for those of us who offer to pay for return label shipping costs on certain items. But by printing labels through the marketplace, the order does not show up under shipments and we will have to manually enter all tracking numbers on EVERY ORDER. ShipStation already links to the eBay account, why couldn't they link the shipping portion/tracking number as well. Shipping through the marketplace also allows you to see metrics that you might not otherwise have.
Administrator6
First-timer (legacy)
We are also needing something similar to this. We use magento as our e-commerce platform, and then shipstation to process and ship orders. We have a large amount of customers who are local and pick up directly from our store. Currently for an order that is a customer pick up, we have to manually go into the order, mark it as shipped, enter in a fake shipping number, enter a fake shipper, and then click notify marketplace. It doesn't seem like much of an issue, but it does add time to each order like that one.
bishal
First-timer (legacy)
my ups tracking number is K251 229 6114. However, shipstation is not taking it. It says error... Please fix this asap.. Thank you
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @bishal! Thanks for bringing this up! Please send an email to support@shipstation.com for the best and fastest resolution on issues you are running to or chat in with us by clicking on the question mark icon in the upper righthand corner when logged into ShipStation. When emailing (or chatting) in, please add any error messages you see or the order number you're seeing issues with and our folks will dig into this for you.
shari
First-timer (legacy)
This has been an on-going request since as early as Aug 28, 2012. This affects many of us, makes it difficult and time consuming. It should not take you this long to see that is a company does not require additional ship methods, they do not need to use them. But if our company delivers, installs or our customers come in to pick up their order, we still have no way to track. Guess we are wasting our time not just on our tracking but in asking you to make a change as well. HoHumm, I guess. You don't care.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey, @ShariL, thank you for chiming in! Since August 2012, both our product and development teams have been working on lots of big and small things to help benefit all users such as a new interface, our mobile app ShipStation Companion, new carriers and integrations, and small bugs that help you and other shippers work smoothly. I thank you and all of our users for your patience and help on your ideas! We're hard at work prioritizing all of the ideas and business challenges shared here by users today and read your feedback daily. @everyone - It sounds like a lot of the users here are using the "Other" carrier in Mark as Shipped and entering notes into the tracking number field but want better access and visibility around this. How often do you need to use this "Other" carrier in relation to the number of orders you ship with ShipStation? Any information outlining your business challenge is always appreciated and helps point the product team in the right direction.
mike84
First-timer (legacy)
We use integrated labels and don't have an active "carrier". Thus, we can't have "Shipping Services" mapped ... How can this be? I just want to have "Standard" and "Expedited" and not all the marketplace generated service names ... seems easy enough???