cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info372
First-timer (legacy)
When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?
114 Comments
mkilloren
First-timer (legacy)
I would be nice to add a 'shipping option' that was not directly connected to a carrier. The use case is an order for local delivery or customer pickup. This option would allow us to print a label for the packing and send a shipping confirmation emails, minus the shipment tracking.
fog_acc
First-timer (legacy)
I just find this impossible to believe. A very high proportion of businesses will have customers who pickup from the shipping point. Single local customers - or large customers who use their own transport for example. Its so simple add a standard Zero cost Carrier - with a moderately configurable label. Whats the problem ?
purchases1
First-timer (legacy)
Great idea! It would be great if they added ChitChats with a link to https://chitchats.com/tracking too!
marc7
Occasional Contributor
Yup. We use a local courier service and we also allow customer to pick up themselves. Other than using "Other" we need a better solution.
sean11
First-timer (legacy)
There's no way to automate this as I can't select other as an option in the Automation Rules section.
dan13
First-timer (legacy)
Still not available and no response since 2017.... We not only would like Will Call and Delivery - we also want local courier services that are not in your list. A custom service would be very helpful. We want to be able to have the packing slip and a label printed in the same workflow as with UPS and USPS.
dan13
First-timer (legacy)
Why is this still an open issue? Our ERP (Dear Systems) sends all our delivery, FOB, courier, and LTL shipments to Shipstation - where we have a to one by one mark manually as shipped by "other". It would be better that Shipstation would print the appropriate label for each custom fulfillment method so we don't have an exception process for each method. After 6-7 years of requesting this feature.......
dan13
First-timer (legacy)
It is now at 7 years since people have been requesting this small but impactful feature. Just please allow the creation of a custom shipping method. Or FFS, just create an OTHER shipping method so allow mapping to it. As it is now, we have to select each and every shipment that is either FOB or service you don't list and select mark as shipped, then one by one select thru the giant list of Australian courier services and select other. Please give this attention even though it has not gotten the votes. Keep in mind, manufacturers may not understand the voting system and it the vote is not a true reflection of the importance of an issue.
dustinpitcher
First-timer (legacy)
Hopefully this use case smoothed out soon. We need this.
beclove
First-timer (legacy)
I have emailed for some time to support about this. We NEED to be able to add our own shipping carriers which are in Asia. We use local post office but need to be able to scan in their tracking numbers and create labels. I don't know why this is such a hard feature to implement allowing customers to create their own carriers is a must for people using your software from Postal Carriers which are not available.