cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
th1
First-timer (legacy)
Currently during an exchange, we reship the original order and then have to change the packing slip by hand writing the changes. While we could create manual orders for each of these, right now customer information does not automatically fill in all of the time when creating an order. When this happens we can go to the customers tab and then search for the customer and then create an order from there, but this seems like an extra step. It would be convenience to have a "duplicate order" button that would create a new order to the same recipient directly from the orders or shipments tab.
99 Comments
stores1
First-timer (legacy)
The ability to duplicate orders would be a great benefit to our company. We would use them primarily for replacement orders. While the reship feature offers the functionality for shipping replacements, we prefer creating duplicate orders so it is easy to see that a replacement was sent, vs opening the order to see if it has multiple shipments. Please note that as it currently stands, we create a manual order with the information required, though the original order comes from one of our online marketplaces, and similar results from the duplicate feature would be ideal. For example, if an order came through on eBay and we shipped it out and then later needed to send a replacement, it would be ideal to go into the eBay order, click duplicate and then have a new dialog come up to create a new manual order, with all shipping and item information filled out. The ability to adjust the items and enter a new order number would be nice as well. Thank you.
sales421
First-timer (legacy)
To reship an order I do what you just suggested but the only problem is I need to remember to check the "Do Not Notify Marketplace" box for my Amzon.com orders. I need to do this because the new tracking number will replace the old tracking number in Amzon and then Amazon thinks my order is late to the customer which reflects negatively Delivered on time score. I don't want me or my employees to always have to remember this step when we send out a replacement part to a customer.
atom
First-timer (legacy)
Cloning orders (such as for a replacement) would be a of great benefit to our organization. The customer has already taken the time to enter their info. Duplicating the work flow just raises the margin for error. So if the order was cloned into a new order but the seller could make adjustments such as removing or adding items (helpful with concession products) before Saving and making active in the system that would be great.
larrysm
First-timer
agree with all others - re-ship is not as good as duplicate order, with all external notifications turned off. would be nice if we could set in config a suffix put on to the order number. like "_dupe"
sales157
First-timer (legacy)
We ship a lot of glass items and no matter how well we pack them a few always get broken. It's usually only a few broken items in a shipment so we just replace the broken items, not the whole shipment. I have to create a new manual order with the replacement items. It would be nice to duplicate the original order and change the quantities to the number of items we actually need to replace.
betterplace
New Contributor
While re-ship works for me (generally) if a package gets lost or damaged in shipment, and I honestly need to re-ship, it doesn't cover the following. o I shipped the wrong item. So I need to create a new shipment, with a different item or items (all other information being the same.) o I have a customer that comes back for more and they don't just replace an order on a sales channel, but instead call me, or email me a PO and request another order of the same items. The second bullet above is more common for me. Right now, I do more data entry from scratch. I'm looking at doing sales order imports, so that perhaps I could just create a tab-delimited file, and then can just change the order number and dates, and import the order. Still a PITA.
sales379
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to add that a duplicate order button should also keep the same order number with an added suffix like "-2" or "-duplicate". IE, if I duplicate "XYZ-1554", the duplicate button should create order "XYZ-1554-2" or "XYZ-1554-duplicate" or a custom user defined suffix since the needs would be slightly different for each of us.
ryan28
First-timer (legacy)
Yes we really could use the duplicate order function. Specifically for marketing purposes, we create manual orders with numerous lines on them. We'd like to duplicate the order and then just change the ship to information and save. That would save a ton of time having to recreate the same manual order with 25 SKUs on it 50 times. PLEASE create this function. Thanks!
quicklaptopcash
First-timer (legacy)
Yes! I use duplicate shipment all the time in the shipping software I am trying to replace with shipstation.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@everyone - Thanks for the updates and your patience! If you haven't already, please add your thoughts on duplicating vs re-shipping, or what scenarios come to mind you're looking to duplicate orders for. We're looking to size the challenge at-hand. @Sara Gharacheh Quick Laptop Cash - That being said, what do you use the duplicate order feature for with your other shipping program?