cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
SydSegal
Occasional Contributor
I use Shopify to gather my website orders. From there they are imported into various stores set up in ShipStation. Why can't ShipStation update an order that has been altered in Shopify? For example, lets say an order is imported into ShipStation from Shopify. I realize that the order is missing an item which I then have to refund back to the customer. I do the refund in Shopify, but when I re-import orders from Shopify back into ShipStation, the order still shows the full list of items in the "Order Items" list... the refunded item(s) are still present. It seems like the software should be able to communicate the change in the order and update it accordingly... it does just that when "canceling" an order in Shopify, doesn't make sense why the API can't recognize the drop in item (or items) after the refund and adjust the order itself in ShipStation. Thanks
21 Comments
ecom
First-timer (legacy)
Temporary Solution - It is CRAZY that this is an issue. Really! Customers change their orders all the time. Here is what we do. You have to use shipststion's old layout as the new layout does not allow this to work. We have found that you can add items in shopify & they sync thru fine, but removed items stay in shipststion. Go into shipstsion (other actions) and split the order. Split off the deleted items into a new order. Then delete the new order. You are left with the original order # with proper items/quantities. A bit clunky, but that's what we do for now.
hello17
First-timer (legacy)
When a customer changes their order in Shopify it still shows both items in the order even if one has been removed!!!!!!!!
david16
First-timer (legacy)
Can this also delete orders from Shipstation that have been cancelled? Or remove line items from edited orders completely?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
We'd like to provide a bit more information about how this feature currently functions. It is still in an early iteration, so here is what currently happens if the Shopify Line Item Adjustments feature is enabled on your account... ShipStation will reference the fulfillable_quantity field from Shopify when determining the quantity for line items and alert you if there has been a change from the last time the order data imported into ShipStation. ShipStation will change quantity of item(s) to match when you refresh your Shopify store. It will not currently: - Adjust the weight on the order to reflect the missing item - Remove line items with 0 qty - update Customs Qty (you must adjust manually for now). - Update Total Paid (but product total will update) NOTE: In ShipStation's new layout, the QTY will not adjust if items are split into multiple shipments already This feature is useful for those who fulfill some products outside of ShipStation, who handle partial refunds/partial cancellations frequently, or who edit orders within Shopify.
david16
First-timer (legacy)
So what happens if someone makes and order, then on the thank you page after checkout they add another product to their order (via upsell) will this show up in Shipstation?
admin53
First-timer
For us the biggest issue is when a customer changes/updates an incorrect address. We get this most days and it means we have to change the address in both shopify and shipstation. It seems like such an easy fix to just send the new address to shipstation automatically when changed in shopify?
voughtllc
First-timer (legacy)
I think this is such a basic feature, and it should already be updated. I get a lot of mistakes made while doing fulfillments. I wish you could work on this ASAP!
info175
First-timer (legacy)
This is an absolutely insane huge bug in the system that is causing massive issues and financial damages and should be addressed immediately. Unbelievable.
info175
First-timer (legacy)
'@shopify, the issue here is not editing it is that the edits are not reflected correctly with Shipstation causing huge problems. you guys can't both just point at the other party - you need to get together and fix it - a HUGE percentage of your users are hurt by this and it Lessens the value of both platforms. This is a trivial fix please fix it asap.
scmsteve
Contributor
This is bigger than just Shopify, other integrations need this to work as well! If an order has not yet shipped, ANY change in the store should be reflected in ShipStation. This is important.