cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed_BP
New Contributor

I can use the '/orders/createorder' or '/orders/createorder' endpoint to make changes to one or more orders, including adding tags but not removing tags for some reason, which makes no sense whatsoever. I realize that there's a different endpoint (i.e., '/orders/removetag') for removing tags from products. However, this has several problems:

1. I have to update other fields of the order first, and then separately send another request to remove tags from the order.
  2. It's quite inconsistent and unexpected because, updating an order supports adding tags, but not removing them (although it supports adding and removing items, for example).
  3. If I'm removing multiple tags and/or updating multiple orders, I have to send too many requests just to remove some tags, while I can update many other fields with just one request.

Consider these two scenarios:

1. I have 100 orders that need to be updated (changing many fields, adding/removing items, etc.). Pretty easy. All I need is to send one request:

POST /orders/createorders HTTP/1.1
Host: ssapi.shipstation.com
Content-Type: application/json

• Now, consider the same situation above, but I also need to remove 5 tags from each one of the 100 orders. Well now, in addition to the request above, I have to send 500 more:

POST /orders/removetag HTTP/1.1
Host: ssapi.shipstation.com
Content-Type: application/json

One request for each tag, for each order. Now, imagine I'm updating a 1000 order and removing 10 tags from them, I'd have to send over 10k requests (as opposed to just 10 requests, one for each 100 orders).

Could the API be changed to support removing tags from orders while updating them?

If there's a better way that I didn't consider, please let me know. Thank you!