cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wheeler
First-timer (legacy)
ShipStation is a great tool for shipping items but it shouldn't force all orders to be paid before they are shipped. We ship a lot of orders that are "paid" by purchase order and having to mark them as paid in ShipStation in order to ship them creates accounting issues. When we pull the orders Into Quickbooks, they come across as paid and we have no automated way of tracking unpaid invoices. I like the idea of identifying orders in ShipStation that are not paid but let me decide if I want to ship them!
74 Comments
info751
First-timer (legacy)
Great Idea, I currently just stick an extra copy of the packing list to an unpaid orders bulletin board. It'd sure be nice to have it built in.
shari
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, please!! When I have to "mark as paid" it asks how much shipping was paid. I make a guess, because I don't know until the the shipping labels have been created. If there is a way to get a shipping rate without creating an order...well that would be helpful also. Shipping charges are added to customer invoice after the items ship and the customer is invoiced.
shipping251
First-timer (legacy)
In 3dcart, if orders are paid using a "capture payment when shipped" method, they are marked as "unpaid" in the cart. Then ShipStation doesn't download them. Subsequently my shipping department doesn't get them shipped on time and customers are unhappy. This is highly disruptive, and other competing products already do this. Please download unpaid orders!!!!
wheeler
First-timer (legacy)
Purchase Orders is the big thing for us. In order to get ShipStation to process them, they have to be set as a paid status. This screws up Quickbooks as it marks the order as Paid and also updates the Magento store as showing the order as paid. This means we have to manually track orders placed with a PO outside of both Quickbooks and the Magento site which is really annoying. Shipstation is a great shipping solution but not an order management or accounting system. It should not enforce order payment rules. Make it an option set at the company level to be able to ship unpaid orders.
support248
First-timer (legacy)
We ship out orders that are still waiting for payments if customer send checks. We need to be able to leave these shipped orders in "unpaid" so we know which orders still need checks to arrive.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for the updates, everyone! We’d like to hear some more information from you. How often do you find yourselves shipping unpaid orders each day or each week? @ShariL – When you are using Mark as Paid, the Shipping Paid field is for the amount your customer has paid for shipping. If you’re looking to obtain quotes, you’re able to see how much each service is from zip code to zip code using the Rate Calculator. Here’s more information about our Rate Calculator: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901588 @SoftBums Order Fulfillment SoftBums – We will import orders in the unpaid status if the Selling Channel you have will pass us the relevant information. One of the Selling Channels that does not support our Awaiting Payment status is 3dCart. We recommend reaching out to them and ask if they are able to make this available to us through their API.
warren3
First-timer (legacy)
I'm not voting for this idea but wanted to say that you can ship unpaid orders from the unpaid orders area, you just need to click "verify address" first. I've done this before.
jeff44
First-timer (legacy)
This is a pretty big issue for our business. About 25% of our orders are done via check or net 30 and so have to be marked as 'paid' before shipstation will allow us to ship. In order to keep this from affecting the financial information exported we are forced to intentionally break the synchronization with our ecommerce site.
shari
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, would LOVE to be able to actually track what we actually did. But after months of others begging for this, XERO is still putzing around and not changing anything.
shipping42
First-timer (legacy)
Would like to be able to print a shipping label for shipments awaiting payments. We have a bunch of customers who pay on net terms and we always have to (confusingly) mark their orders as PAID in ShipStation in order to print their labels.