cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amar
First-timer (legacy)
Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.
126 Comments
emaildanielphil
First-timer (legacy)
I would love to see this option. We have a certain product that has to ship via a different method than all our other products due to the nature of the product. If there was a way to automatically have that item split out into its own order, and then I could also use automation to set the carrier/method for that item, that would eliminate a significant amount of manual work for us. Thanks!
sara4
First-timer (legacy)
YES! Please make this happen!
marilyn1
First-timer (legacy)
We have SKUs that are bundles of 2 items and they ship from two different locations. It would be great to be able to automatically split certain SKUs into two orders.
ksimpson
First-timer (legacy)
would LOVE to see this as well
help
First-timer (legacy)
The ability to select items to be made into a BACKORDER is critical. When you can't ship an entire order - to have to go in and MANUALLY split it first, then ship the first part etc etc is tedious and creates a LOT of extra work. One should be able to select items that are not shipping in an order, mark them as a backorder, (or even CANCELLED) and have a new order created with the backordered items. IN addition, those items should be listed in the notes or as an add on to the currnt order so the cusomter knows that there are pending items. Curently we have to do this entirely manually and its insane. Backorders and part shipping are a fact of life, shipstation needs to provide for this in a smoother way. judy
alan8
First-timer (legacy)
This is a MUST!
account1
First-timer (legacy)
We would greatly benefit from having this feature added. Each of our products uses a box as its packaging so we need separate shipping labels for each. The ability to split based on quantity would be great.
store7
First-timer (legacy)
Our products are stored in multiple warehouse locations. Online orders spanning multiple warehouses (Shopify locations) have to be split manually in Shipstation. We have to do this every morning and it's laborious and error-prone.
contact27
First-timer (legacy)
We also need this for our primary order flow. The use cases must be many, even if we don't market this feature proposal for you. Essentially, ANYONE who has multiple dropship partners working with them to fulfill orders (aka a very common business model on the internet) needs this feature, because a customer can VERY commonly check out with one product from one dropship partner, and another product from a different dropship partner, and so on. That's not an edge case. That's a common use case. Manually splitting the orders seems to be a perfect example of a repetitive and formulaic task that the software should be doing instead of a person. All of the products are named, or have SKUs, so it's easy enough for the user to list out which products would be in one basket, and others in another, given the simple UI to create split groups and list products there... Why is this feature taking so long? It seems pretty straightforward from a programming standpoint (I am a developer). Pseudo code would be like... // if order's line items match rule... // Loop each line item // split order into as many orders as there are matching line items in different product groups marked for splits... // done! It's something one programmer could do in a month or two. You guys probably have dozens if not hundreds of programmers. It's a pretty common business case. Why has it been 5 years? I am available to help develop this, if needed, but I have a 10 person company, I think you probably have a lot more resources than I do. Please make this feature happen! Thanks!
todd9
First-timer (legacy)
please do this. I've got some items that are FBA, and some that aren't, and i'd like to be able to split orders based on item/sku