cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
fredwarner1
Occasional Contributor
For USPS to ship to a US territory, the state must be the territory abbreviation and the country must be "United States". However, orders are often imported from the marketplaces with the territory written out in the state field and/or the country set to the territory. These must be manually changed for USPS shipments or an error occurs during label creation. This is a near daily issue for Puerto Rico. Having the ability to create automation rules with actions to change state and country would be very useful, and there would probably be other areas that this could be useful for as well. A previous suggestion was opened for this issue three years ago ( http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/7306715-puert... ) but was closed without resolution. I can't imagine this being a difficult feature to implement compared to many of the existing automation actions that are more complex, and it should benefit nearly every medium to large seller that imports orders from marketplaces.
16 Comments
columbus1410
First-timer (legacy)
I receive multiple orders from Puerto Rico everyday Each time I have to manually change the state to PR from Puerto Rico or i get a rate to state error Shipstation should be able to change it to PR automatically
jitneystandwhol
First-timer (legacy)
I also have this issue, they list "Puerto Rico" as the state but ShipStation (or Stamps.com...not sure where the error originates) doesn't recognize it. The solution is to change the state to "PR". I can't speak for the OP but our orders import directly from eBay. We generally ship about 10 orders to Puerto Rico per week and have to manually change the state to "PR" on most if not all of them.
souellet1
First-timer (legacy)
When shipping with USPS, in the "Create label" tab, all my Puerto Rico orders show "Rate to State Error". I have to manually edit the "Ship to" by replacing State by PR (must be in capital to work), and replacing country from Puerto Rico to USA. Then, I can purchase postage and ship...
dbauburnfan
First-timer (legacy)
Same exact problem for me. The info is coming straight from eBay. I was told by an eBay customer that is the way they have to enter their information in per eBay. Can ShipStation correct this?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey, @DylanB! Thanks for the update. Is this happening only for your eBay orders?
admin156
First-timer (legacy)
Please auto-correct Puerto Rico to the proper state code of PR.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi! Thanks for the suggestion, at this time the address verification system used within ShipStation doesn't have the capability to autocorrect a state field from its spelled out name to its two character abbreviation. For instance, eBay sends California over as "CA" but the same is not always said of the way we receive Puerto Rico, which as you may have seen will sometimes send us the state name over as "Puerto Rico" instead of the required "PR". If anything changes on the way this is handled, we'll update through this thread!
admin156
First-timer (legacy)
Yes,clearly that's not how it's working right now. However, creating an automation rule so it can be corrected in the cases where it's not right would at least be a workaround. Currently, I have no way that this can be fixed automatically, and it seems silly to have to rename "Puerto Rico" to "PR" manually. So, what will Shipstation do to provide the correct (and REQUIRED) format so shipping can be done without manual intervention?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
HI! @Zachary, I've added your request to an existing one. Our developers have been alerted of this and Iรข€™ll alert this older thread with any updates to how we handle territory names being transmitted in the feed.
purchasing8
First-timer (legacy)
Hi Shipstation and Shipstationers, We have this same issue. We suggest Shipstation RULE ACTION options be added, so it is up to the Shipstation customer to use the solution. Tags are not effective because this is the type of inefficiency that is bothersome but does not occur with enough frequency in one batch for tag/bulk edit method to be helpful. Add two RULE ACTION options: 1) Set State to... 2) Set Country to... This would require no modification to AIS services and would solve this issue for many Shipstation customers. Thanks for your prompt attention.