cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
info748
First-timer (legacy)
Please bring back the 'search all time' option/link that displayed at the bottom of the standard 6 months of searching for historic orders. The advanced search takes much longer to use having to pick date ranges etc - even having an option in that screen to just search for all time would be much quicker. Thanks!
11 Comments
sales377
First-timer (legacy)
This is extremely important to us as well. Not having it disrupts our whole workflow.
jonathan17
First-timer (legacy)
I second this. This feature was extremely useful in finding old orders quickly. It takes too long to go do an advanced search. Please bring it back!
jaruzglass
First-timer (legacy)
This was so much faster than the advanced search... and you also didn't have to worry that you put in the advanced filter wrong and that you might be filtering off the order you are looking for +3
terra1
First-timer (legacy)
I agree, when I have someone on the phone and I am trying to find an order for a warranty for LAST year, it now takes me twice as long! BRING IT BACK!!!!
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi @everyone! Thanks for your feedback regarding the updated advanced search feature. To help us get a better understanding of the workflow disruptions you're running into, could you provide some more context around how searching for orders is slower than before? If you enter an order number and get no results from the last 6 months, simply clicking on the "Order #" link should return all order # matches from 01/01/2011 to present. Here's a quick screencast to show what this looks like: https://screencast.com/t/t1ljPnpK
sales377
First-timer (legacy)
There are a couple situations that quickly come to mind: - If customer, "John Smith" purchased something a year ago as well as a month ago but we need to refer to notes on the order from a year ago, we need to go through Advanced Search as the links for Order #, Customer Name, etc will not appear. Aside from being a hassle, we often don't know when this order was from exactly so we're forced to go waaaay back to make sure it's captured. - Similar to the above scenario, if John Smith purchased something a month and a year ago, the only order that appears in the search is the one from the month ago making it appear as if John Smith has only ever made one purchase from us. In the past, it was very easy to search for ALL purchased from John Smith using the Search All History button. - You don't offer an "Order #" style link for other common searches such as marketplace username that work just fine within the normal search and used to work fine in the Search All Time function. There are many more stumbles that come from daily use but there are three that quickly come to mind. It is extremely important to us that this feature be restored to its previous functionality.
jeff31
First-timer (legacy)
re: https://screencast.com/t/t1ljPnpK I need this functionality for every single search, not just the ones that returned 0 results, as sometimes it returns a result that matches the search criteria, but not the specific order I am looking for that is over 6 months old Also, I was just writing up my own Fresh Idea suggestion, but then searched and found this, so I'll post it here in the comments instead of creating a new one as it is generally the same problem: ------------------------------ Requested functionality: Ability to change default search dates for both Quick Search and Advanced Search. Currently, the Quick Search defaults to only searching for orders placed in the past 6 months, and this is not editable in any way. Also, Advanced Search always defaults to 90 days back. Whenever we are searching for an order, we are searching for orders going back to the beginning of our account, which is several years. So the only way to do this is via Advanced Search, which involves changing the order date back several years for every single search, which is very inefficient. We also are never able to rely on Quick Search, which of course defeats the point of Quick Search. In a previous version of Shipstation, the quick search results would display a message that it was only including the past 6 months of orders, and had a 1-click link to search back in time further, but that was removed at some point. Even having that back would be a better solution that our current workflow of clicking Advanced Search and having to change the order date field to several years ago every single time.
t_
First-timer (legacy)
This should also be included anywhere you search orders and it is date limited. When searching shipped and delivered it only offers this month and last month as the oldest search option without choosing custom date and having to manually go back to when we started using SS about 4 years ago. We ALWAYS want to search all orders! We would love a user specified setting that just lets us choose by default in our login to always default to all order dates. Thanks
david_dean
Frequent Contributor
When no result is found for an order number, clicking the 'Order #' link does find older numbers. It's an extra, unnecessary step but it does work. However, how to find a list of all orders from a customer who has orders both older and newer than 6 months? I don't see a way to do that other than jumping the through hoops of the advanced search and adjusting the date range back as far as it can go.
jim9
First-timer (legacy)
Pretty insane that this cannot be done. Any modern tag/order based system can search the complete database. Imagined if you search your start menu and you can only open programs installed in the last 6 months. Imagined if you search your onenote/evernote and you can only pull in the last 6 months. And if you want to search over 6 months, you have to clearly define if the word you're searching for belongs in the adjective, noun, or pronoun situation. Imagine if you search for a keyword and google only pulls up a web result made in the last 6 months. It should work as expected. Maybe have a checkbox if you want to add time-based restrictions, but I should be able to search all fields for any keywords that is not limited.