cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
wil
First-timer (legacy)
We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated. I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an edit button, changing what needs changed, and hitting save. I have two customers with the same name. Lets call them John Smith and Smith Electrical Corporation. I send a package to Smith Electrical about once a month. John Smith ordered once from our website over two years ago. Whenever I type "Smith" when making a new order, guess who comes up as the first result! There's no need for John to still be in the system, why can't I easily delete his record?
91 Comments
ecommerce5
First-timer
Add this feature. Please.
it9
First-timer (legacy)
Messing around with a CSV file seems very unnecessary and inconvenient... why not create functionality what allows you to edit contact info directly from the customer's tab section?
george1
First-timer (legacy)
shipstation?? any update or comment on this?
clombardo
First-timer (legacy)
Why haven't you done this yet?
david34
First-timer (legacy)
Any update on the functionality being requested? I tried correcting one customer by re-uploading the CSV with updated information but it keeps on adding a new line.
david_duranceau
First-timer (legacy)
What is taking so long to fix this? I"m about ready to close my account for something so stupid simple.
nyates
First-timer (legacy)
Our customer's are getting orders shipped to old addresses by accident. I need to be able to edit/delete old addresses/contacts without downloading the entire file. This should no longer be an issue.
collin1
First-timer (legacy)
Not having this feature is now directly costing my company money due to mis-shipped packages. We use a 3rd party subscription service and rely on shipstation customer records to populate shipping fields, but without the ability to delete old customer files there's no way (other than digging through till we find the right one) to ensure it's going to the correct address. On top of that, if a customer wants to change their address there's no simple way to do it in the customer database, so a whole new customer file has to be created then we "hope" (or have to double, triple check) to make sure it's the right one?! Let's go! Simple change that should've been made years ago!
jeremy4
First-timer (legacy)
they're too busy redesigning the software to make it look "pretty" to deal with real issues like this
nichole_moreau
First-timer (legacy)
The inability to change a customer record easily (not with .csv file) has been the most frustrating aspect of ShipStation. I really thought this would have been implemented years ago, but we just keep waiting.