cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james35
First-timer (legacy)
We want the FROM address set to our domain so that 'via Shipstation.com' does not appear on gmail. We also want to include your spf/senderId records in our spf/senderId records, have the email signed with our DKIM key and have the links use our subdomain instead of email.shipstation.com. Here's how this works on a few of the major ESPs: http://login.mg2mail.com/help/Content/Listrak_Manual/Branding%20Settings.htm https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205582387-How-to-Set-up-Sending-Domains https://sendgrid.com/docs/Glossary/email_authentication.html This will significantly improve deliverability and professional appearance. Best Regards, James Fredley VP of Marketing Technology FilterEasy
159 Comments
Shipping55
Occasional Contributor

Depending on your platform that is feeding Shipstation (in my case WooCommerce), I use a shipment tracking plugin on the other side that inserts the tracking number and also altu sends an email update on the order with tracking, so I just have SS sent to NONE for shipment notifications.  You may have to work around it.

Also look into ZAPIER to have a SS trigger, pull the tracking data and automate a new email on your own using your own authenticated sources.  the SS platform is very nice except for thie ONE ongoing, and never ending issue they can't seem to understand emails need to be authenticated now.  This is not NEW>

shipshipper
Contributor

@Shipping55 what tracking plugin do you use for Woocommerce?

I might try this method for now, but to any Shipstation devs reading this... there's no reason users of your shipping platform should be needing to troubleshoot and find workarounds for something as simple as shipment tracking emails from your shipping service. This continues to be a major issue.

Shipping55
Occasional Contributor

@shipshipper 

we use this one 

https://woo.com/products/shipment-tracking/

once the shipping in for us passed over by SS, the “order completed” email in WC includes the tracking info.  Simple and effective and then your still sending emails from WC (assuming you’re using an SMTP plugin to route those via an authenticated server) 

I agree we should not have to do workarounds.  EVERY third party company that sends emails on your behalf supports authenticated messages. MailChimp, Brevo, active campaign, the list goes on because it’s pretty much a requirement now. 

Bobst3r
Occasional Contributor

The cynic in me says -

Maybe ShipStation doesn't want to implement this "makes total sense" solution from a retailers perspective because they want the "@shipstation.com" emails out there to help their brand at our expense.

extractlabs
New Contributor

After reading this issue comment thread, we are actively looking for a replacement to SS at this point. If this hasn't been resolved at this point, 7 years from it appearing, it never will be. In our experience, companies who don't fix the issue or don't respond with a timeline of when it will be fixed are too big, could care less, and better solutions on the market exist.

I mean, here is how Klaviyo fixes this issue SS. This isn't rocket science and should be totally possible if your provider is sendgrid: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000357752

Shipping55
Occasional Contributor

Considering this year authentication is now a requirement from Google and Yahoo to deliver Mail....you'd think this can't go ignored anymore....

shipshipper
Contributor

Yes I just read that notice, in February 2024 it looks like no Shipstation emails will be delivered to anyone with a Google or Yahoo email address.

(Unless you leave the from address blank. But then customers that reply to those emails will never have their message delivered to you...)

That's like 90% of customers left wondering if their order has shipped because the shipping service we pay for has no solution for authenticated email still in 2024. Mind boggling.

Freedom_Bakery
New Contributor

ShipStation is now officially on a time limit. Either finally provide proper sender authentication, or disable branded emails entirely.

They have clearly been too focused on redesigning the UI again. They waste time developing almost pointless features that never get fleshed out enough to be truly useful outside of the most basic situations. They don't even have proper error handling / data validation on the order data input fields. It is possible to generate an order that you cannot ship with USPS, because the order name contains invalid characters. I have done it more than once when setting up batch shipments.

ShipStation, this should be a wakeup call. Get your act together. Prioritize the actually useful and important things instead of wasting time on another UI overhaul.

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello amazing community members, 

While I don't have any specific updates about movement on this, I can tell you that this is not being ignored. This is being discussed internally and we are very aware of  the new authentication requirements and it's potential implications for all of our users. 

As soon as there is more information I will make sure it is shared on this thread as well. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

UniquelyGeekly
Contributor

With the greatest of respect to the lovely people at ShipStation this has not been a short time coming.  Its been an issue on the horizon for quite some time and many many other companies have managed to introduce solutions.  The deadline is in 10 days and then everything stops working!!