cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manager6
First-timer (legacy)
First, I would be appreicated your service! I've been downloading "Order-Dara Export" from the order. But I also would be nice if I can see "Currency" there. When I get GBP 54.66 order, I was able to see as USD 54.66. Hope to be added Currency tab for international orders and stores. Thanks.
134 Comments
sales52
First-timer
This is needed badly
vishalbtemp
First-timer (legacy)
Very very urgent... We are having messed up customs
vishalbtemp
First-timer (legacy)
We are in 5 marketplaces with currencies USD, MXN, CAD, Euro and GBP. They all show as USD.. Even in Customs!!! That is wrong... This is a necessity not a special feature... Impliment right away!!!!
steveo
Occasional Contributor
I think of this a a bug, not a feature request. ShipStation is playing in an international arena and supports international marketplaces which inherently implies handling currency exchange issues. However, the support is compromised by the lack of basic currency features. Not only does it make every customs declaration inaccurate unless tediously altered before label printing, for some of us it screws up the accounting. Since it is a bug, please give this issue the priority it deserves.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@Vishal & @pricedright - Thanks for the updates! Can you give us some more information on what you mean? Which carrier is this causing issues for?
steveo
Occasional Contributor
'@admin I'm surprised to hear the question. I only use USPS, but from the other comments in this thread, I suspect that the problem exists for all carriers. So let's take a step back and describe the issue using my experience on Amazon Great Britain as an example. However, the same issue exists for all foreign marketplaces and web sites that sell in currencies other than USD. Today's exchange rate is 1 USD = .67 GBP. I have a product that sells for 26.99 GBP, which today is worth 40.34 USD. Shipstation picks up the 26.99 from the marketplace, but instead of calling it GBP, Shipstation calls it USD. That creates two issues. 1. The invoice on the shipping label values the product at $26.99, or 33% less than actual value. For my low price products, it's not as a big deal as bigger ticket items. The customs declaration is materially inaccurate, which could lead to legal issues and delays. 2. The reports are also inaccurate. All reports also treat the GBP as USD, so in the above example the report shows $26.99. That destroys any chance to use Shipstation's numbers for analysis or accounting. My suggestion is that you add three fields to all currency fields, for a total of four fields as follows: 1. Home currency (USD in above example) 2. Amount in home currency (40.34) 3. Selling currency (GBP) 4. Selling amount (26.99) There are several APIs available to obtain real time conversion data. I'm not familiar with customs best practice, but it seems that it would make most sense to use the USD value in the customs declaration. All reports should be able to print all four fields, with the option to remove the foreign currency fields for companies that do not need it.
reefnet
Occasional Contributor
Seriously, you need clarification of the problem?? Have you READ the posts in this thread? I posted about this on Oct 24, 2014. To reiterate: my company is in Canada but conducts ALL business in USD. My SS account is forced to CAD and as a result all the values that should be in USD are presented on customs forms as CAD. This is a huge mess whenever customs inspects the shipping documents and our invoices. Some sort of control over the active currency needs to be provided to address this situation, among others!
eric25
First-timer (legacy)
And it affects insurance, a 40$ USD order is around $1,000 MEXICAN Dollars from Amazon Mexico. So if you let automated insurance happen you've been paying 20+$ for insurance instead of 1$, causing you to lose money on the order....But I was told by support it was my problem and to remove automated insurance buying...lol right.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for the update, your specific examples are very helpful starting points. I'd like to fully understand the business challenges you're running into so the product team can make an informed decision on possible changes, so my apologies for being unclear before. Can you tell us how many times you've noticed your shipments are getting held up?
steveo
Occasional Contributor
I do not see how a little anecdotal info on frequency could possibly effect "an informed decision on possible changes".The few who have participated in this discussion represent the tip of the iceberg, as it does for any issue on this site. It is most likely that one piece of anecdotal evidence is not representative of the frequency of shipments getting held up for all users. It's kind of obvious that correlates to frequency of exports, average order size (the more expensive, the more likely a delay) and which countries are the destination since they all operate differently. More importantly, it is just one of several negative impacts, each of which are sufficient to make a decision. Either you fix the bug or you don't. It is clear that this bug is much more important than many that you have fixed since this was first presented. This bug impacts all international shippers that sell in foreign currencies. That's a huge portion of your customers. Please take us out of our misery and prioritize fixing this issue.