cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manager6
First-timer (legacy)
First, I would be appreicated your service! I've been downloading "Order-Dara Export" from the order. But I also would be nice if I can see "Currency" there. When I get GBP 54.66 order, I was able to see as USD 54.66. Hope to be added Currency tab for international orders and stores. Thanks.
134 Comments
sam10
First-timer (legacy)
This seems like a ridiculous thing to even be discussed, the fact that there is no resolution since 2017 or something is simply mind-boggling! Who nowadays who only sells to one currency market?! This should be considered fundamental functionality for a shipping platform. My suggestion to resolve this for the Woocommerce integration is simply to use the currency code field that is available on Woocommerce order/product data when importing the order. This is how other systems do it. Or if you cannot pull that data, maybe in your automation section, you can simply set a rule to set the currency based on the ship-to country? So "if country = US" Action: "set currency = USD". That way would also allow complete flexibility. I see you have a workaround where you can use product defaults to import SKU data and corresponding pricing data that can be used to override the price data on a product import, but this is less than ideal as, in our case, we have a large catalogue where the prices can change daily. Doing manual imports is therefore not viable. Maybe you could offer the option to pull a supplemental product feed for this purpose so it can be scheduled to run once a day or whatever is required? ShipStation is a great platform but I don't see it remaining the market leader for long if it cannot handle currency correctly...
info128
First-timer (legacy)
WE REALLY NEED TO SEE SOME MOVEMENT ON THIS. The simplest solution would be for a currency to be allocated against each marketplace (including Custom Stores) and would assist the vast majority of users that experience this problem. Mark B has made some good suggestions.
andy
First-timer
This is crazy! I need to be able to pass along the currency amount via the API, otherwise on the digital customs forms our customers are being sent the WRONG amount! For example, they paid $50 for an item on our site (which has multi currency options), yet the customs form is coming through as GBP! So £50GBP ($60-$70~). Why on earth can't you just offer the option to pass the currency code along via the API? Its like 5 minutes work! And if its not passed along, just do what you are already doing. This is why I like small businesses who are responsive to what people request. I've been asking for this for 2 years, and still nothing. On the verge of leaving and finding a new solution, which would be a shame as the other features I love on here - but this is a deal-breaker
tony6
First-timer (legacy)
Is this is still in the process 7 years later lol?
Quadica
New Contributor
We really must have the ability to define the currency by store so that the dollar values from the store are labeled with the correct currency designator in all locations in the admin and all of the shipping and customs documentation. This is not a "nice to have" function. It is essential for international shippers such as ourselves.
r_wallace
First-timer (legacy)
Need the ability to set a default Customs Currency and to be able to override that in the customs declaration entry form. Many Canadian company's price all their products in USD as that is the internationally recognized currency. Would be nice to be able to set the default Customs Currency by Store as well - eBay or Amazon products may be priced differently than a users own company website products. Shippo allows this, although it is probably the ONLY thing that Shippo has that's better than ShipStation!
kvuolo
First-timer (legacy)
The fact that ShipStation does not support any currencies beyond your "default" for the account is insane. We are shipping to Canada from the US. All orders are paid in CAD, all taxes are in CAD. Yet for some unknown reason ShipStation converts to USD for customs, making the customs forms not match the tax collected. This basically makes the international use of ShipStation useless and is a huge compliance issue for my company. If not addressed, we may have to switch shipping apps.
UniquelyGeekly
Contributor
Yes please! I have customers I ship for with stores in USD as well as GBP. I need the right figures from the sales to be transferred to the customs declarations. Crazy its not happening. I see GBP here, $ there.
Matthew
Occasional Contributor
SS your fix is useless! Clearly everyone in this thread is already aware that the wrong currency is being used on the docs. If you were a real solution you would provide a field or allow for some sort of rule so that the shipper can control the currency. Funny story...a SS supervisor once tried to tell they would not do this because it would cause a problem with marketplaces like amazon. Newsflash, that is exactly what not addressing the issue is doing. I'm so unimpressed by SS (not the only problem and everything seems to fall on deaf ears).
ggallo
First-timer (legacy)
It's abosolutely ridiculous that you cannot change the currency. We're talking about legal issues here when items cross the border. Shipstation, you need to fix this asap.