cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpino
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to have the option of having more columns on the shipments page so that I can customize what I see according to our companies needs. we use some of the custom fields as well as other important fields to mark our orders and it would be a lot easier if we would be able to see those fields on the main shipment page.
26 Comments
kristina3
First-timer (legacy)
We plan to add an order tag when processing a shipment that indicates which return shipping method is ideal for that particular item. We are a rental business and sometimes we want items back ASAP (short supply, busy season, etc), and other times the items can come back Parcel Post and save us some money. However, I need to be able to SEE the tags in the Shipments view so that I know which shipping method to choose when I create the return label.
shaun2
First-timer (legacy)
We use tags for both new orders and shipped orders, it would be great to be able to add the 'tags' column in the shipping window.
mike85
First-timer (legacy)
There is no way to tag orders in Orders screen and bring up Tagged orders in shipments screen.
service41
Frequent Contributor
This is needed to highlight certain shipments for attention and follow-up. For instance if a package is lost then how do you highlight that in the shipments screen? We want to tag it to signify that an insurance claim needs to be filed. It is surprising that this capability is not available.
customerserv
First-timer (legacy)
If an order is tagged say for a gift message and we want to check that the order was fulfilled correctly then we need to be able to see the tag under the shipments page to be able to find the order quickly
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for the updates! We're still looking for more traction on this idea, so if you haven't added your thoughts please do! @Michael, @Gene, @kristina - You're still able to open the Order Details window from the Shipments page to add Order Tags (located under "Order Summary") or Order Notes. However if you're searching through orders for this type of information, the Shipped tab on the Orders is the best option today.
rvaughn
First-timer (legacy)
It would be ideal to be able to go to the shipments tab and see the information that currently appears when you mouse over the icon next to the tracking number "Delivery Status Unknown", "Arrived at FedEx location", "On vehicle for delivery", "delivered", "Shipment information sent to FedEx." That way we can see a view of what's going on with our shipments and sort by shipment status. It would also be great to have a field for estimated delivery date so we can update our customers without being forced to visit different shipping carrier websites. Both of these fields should also be able to update our selling marketplace.
tony12
First-timer (legacy)
It would be very helpful to be able to view delivery status direct from Shipstation.
rvaughn
First-timer (legacy)
There is some crossover from the folders "Recent" & "In Transit". The "in transit" status is not comprehensive enough (it shows items that are not actually in transit - just label info sent to FedEx) & it does not pass through to our custom store integration. We ship mostly with FedEx so "In Transit" includes "Info sent to FedEx", "Picked Up" & "In Transit." "Recent" shows shipments that are "pending", "in transit" & "info sent to FedEx". It's difficult to understand if one of our shipments is "pending" or "info sent to FedEx" for too long (i.e. a problem with FedEx pickup or transit to station). It would be ideal to have statuses similar to the Aftership program. https://www.aftership.com/ The shipments screen is great that you can see all of your shipments, but the icons are not informative enough and the data is not easily exportable. Since you already have the integrations with FedEx, it would seem that shipment status & expected delivery date would be logical next steps to keep everything in one place.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @Robert, thanks for the update! The Recent status shows all of your shipments in the past week, so there are overlapping statuses here; it's a mixed bag overview. There isn’t a good way to see if your shipments have been in one status “too long” today, but I can see how it’s helpful. This next question is for you as much as anyone else who's interested in this idea: From your experience, how often have you found these “stuck” shipments, and what actions do you take after learning a shipment will be late or has been derailed?