cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter-tenute
First-timer

Please fix the Currency Customs Declaration feature ASAP!!

There should be the option to change the currency. I Just spoke to support and they told me that the account is restricted to the currency it is set up in and cannot be changed. 

"Ok. At this time, your customs declarations reflect the currency your account is currently set to and there is no option to change that. I apologize for the disappointment this may cause."

This was never an issue with the previous platforms  

petertenute_0-1637706596121.png

13 Comments
support97
First-timer

This is a significant and costly issue. We have shipped a $70USD product to Japan and ended up with a $2,000USD customs bill because we forgot to manually update the customs document. We imported in Yen, but Shipstation converted the values back to USD for customs. Shipstation needs to be able to provide customs documents in the currency that we bring into the application.

musicfolder
New Contributor

This is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for (our use case) any CANADIAN shipper sending to USA - our USD store populates USD numbers in the the CAD customs declaration.

Any high volume higher value Canadian shipper should NOT be using ShipStation while this issue exists.  With it, fussing with currency on every US shipment, we just can't "get SHIP done".

We don't want to make extreme contortions of exporting Shopify data, manipulating dollar values into CAD from a CSV, and uploading modified files several times a day to ShipStation, and after multiple conversations, that appears to be the ONLY current workaround.  

Clever coders, any comment?

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello, @support97!

Great news! A fix has been implemented and is live as of today. We truly appreciate your patience while we worked on the resolution. The currency sign in the order value will now match what's displayed on the customs form.

If you have any feedback, we are happy to hear it! 

Have a wonderful day!