cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
amarshall
Contributor

We have been using ShipStation for a year, and use the barcode scanning workflow to speed up our label printing process, it's why we use ShipStation.

We did not know that our Royal Mail parcel shipments were not sending our customer updates via SMS and Email as we had promised them! We assumed that, like with DPD labels, Shipstation would be requesting that Royal Mail do contact the sender via SMS and email via the details in the order....not so ๐Ÿ˜ž

So our customers have not been getting their time slots emails, or any delivery notifications at all ๐Ÿ˜ž

After going on the chat and emailing support, it transpires we would have to tick 2 boxes and copy and paste mobile and emails into each order - this is not tenable when the point of SS is to automate workflow.

I therefore looked to set automation, so every order that is imported gets the RM 2 tick boxes checked for SMS and Email - but it is not possible, it's not there ๐Ÿ˜ž

I then was told on chat we could do a bulk update for all orders, so this means that 3 or 4 times a day (as orders come in all the time) someone will have to go to the office from packing, and run a filter, and perform a bulk update in 'Other shipping Options' to add the SMS tick box for these orders - again this is very inconvenient just so our customers know what is happening with their parcel.

We need to apply in bulk to request RM send the email too for the email address provided in the order, but up to press, I still don't understand how to do this, as when you tick the send email notification tick box, a field comes up - I don't know what to write in there? but you cant proceed until something is put in there?...

Please, please allow us to allow our customers who have Royal Mail parcels to get notifications on the tracked delivery as standard on every order that is imported, or at least add it to automation.

1 Comment
Callet
New Contributor

Does Shipstation really ever read these suggestions?
This is pretty much exactly what I requested several years ago - copy and paste of mobile and email done for Royal Mail automatically.

We're still waiting.

Why can't there be a simple automation to copy and paste mobile number and email to the appropriate boxes?
You try doing this several hundred times a day to see how efficient it is.