cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
production3
First-timer (legacy)
It would be great for ShipStation to send an email whenever the status of an open shipment changes to "Delivery Exception" or another undeliverable status. This would eliminate the need to manually check the delivery status or retroactively dealing with an upset customer contacting us because an order hasn't shown up. It would also allow the customer see immediately that there is an issue with shipment and perhaps troubleshoot it on his/her own. Our packages are also time sensitive so figuring out why a package can't be delivered as fast as possible would be helpful! This would be a HUGE time saver and great peace of mind for us and the customers, plus potentially save us some customer service headaches along the way.
30 Comments
nick17
First-timer (legacy)
Given the fact that the need for this has been around since 2017 and SS has not addressed tells me we are with the wrong company for the long run. We are a medical company and delays are a killer when we don't catch them before the customer does. Please look into this. You are already 90% there since the system classifies them as having issues. Now simply code it to notify us to LOOK in the folder. That is all we need to keep it simple. Thank you.
ecommerce3
First-timer (legacy)
I agree. This would be a great time saver for us!
picasso
Occasional Contributor
Yes! And also would like to be able to CC multiple people on tracking notifications.
support78
First-timer (legacy)
This seems like something that could be automated using something like Zapier’s Shipstation connection. We already use Zapier to automate an email to go out to anyone who places an order using a shipping address that can’t be verified by Shipstation. I’ll test it for delayed shipments too and add instructions if I figure it out. Just a heads up though, it might be a mix of some really techy stuff like pulling in APIs from Shipstation & USPS, etc.
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
AfterShip does this nicely by connecting to ShipStation.
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
Basically, anything that you need automated in SS can be done with integromat.
sarah8
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks Nate. Integromat is a paid service, I'm not sure we'd want to go that route for this issue. Could you provide insight on how you would use AfterShip to resolve this?
Status changed to: No status