cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
development5
First-timer (legacy)
I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API. This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock. We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.
21 Comments
josh11
First-timer (legacy)
This is also something we are currently in need of and would love to see this integrated into the API.
justin5
First-timer (legacy)
Exposing inventory count to the API would be a huge step for automating inventory processes. Would love to see this feature soon.
fish
First-timer (legacy)
Currently, if we want to manage inventory on Shipstation we need to get inventory levels back to the eCommerce platform. But as I got notified inventory is not part of the API (Why??) just add another attribute on the product record that is returned with API for stock level - should be easy. no?
michael_kocour
First-timer (legacy)
An Inventory endpoint would be crucial including checking inventory, updating inventory etc.
marcfitt
New Contributor

Will this be done soon? It's like the basic feature needed to do proper shipping. 

pflugs30
First-timer

I agree with this idea. Having CRUD operations available through the API is critical since the User Experience through the website itself isn't that great.  For instance, when choosing a Location for an Alternate Location for a Product, we have to select a Location from a drop down.  Our warehouse has HUNDREDS of individual Locations, all barcoded.  I'd want my employees to scan a barcode to indicate the location.

Without improvements to either the Inventory features in the website or additions to the API, I can't use the ShipStation Inventory Management features.

bryan3
Rookie

We really need the API to support inventory. 

beamzen
New Contributor

Why hasn't this been implemented for years? Maybe they don't want to step on the toes of inventory software partners. This would make some inventory software integrations redundant.

danofun
New Contributor

Order splitting based on inventory and access to inventory data via API are 2 necessary components to a fairly basic workflow. We know neither are currently implemented in SS. Any insight as to where they exist on the road map?

delslp
Contributor

I can't even get something as basic as an accurate inventory from the Products Tab. It is frustrating to not have an accurate count of available products within SS unless it is manually updated when stock arrives, etc. So, even something that basic would be a great start.