cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Because this original request I made for this was closed when an unrelated feature was introduced, I'm creating a new one. I would very much like to be able to have the automation in ShipStation be able to print. This would allow me to have it automatically print all new orders that have downloaded, so that warehouse personnel know an order has come in when the printer starts spitting out packing slips. This is something we're used to having in a different product we switched from to ShipStation and it's the main thing we miss. With printing being done through ShipStation Connect now, this should be entirely possible too. The other thing that would have be added is another feature that ShipStation really does need anyway: an indication of some kind that an order has already been printed. This would allow automation to "print all unprinted orders" as well as greatly reduce the possibility of orders being double-packed when more than 1 person is working shipping. We've had this happen multiple times simply because there's no good way to tell when an order has already been printed right now. Thank you!!
146 Comments
valerie
First-timer (legacy)
Please add this feature! I've had to create an ugly workaround by creating a custom order email and an automation rule that automatically emails each order to my printer, but the custom email doesn't have all the right information on it (no variants, no receipt information).
ben49
First-timer (legacy)
Please add this feature! I am currently looking into using Autohotkey to automate printing orders off the shipstation website, but having the ability to automatically print the orders and the shipping labels built into shipstation would be amazing!
trent3
First-timer (legacy)
This is a features that we would really love to see happen! To Gymdoll's point we also have to print two different slips for every order and once you print one you have to go back to the print tab and do another and this is very time consuming!
ashley4734
First-timer (legacy)
An Automated rule when a new order is imported, a packing silp is printed to your default shipstation connect printer. This way when i get home from work i know what orders i need to fill and can begin packing them without having to get on a website. Just grab the slips from the printer and go.
ryan67
First-timer (legacy)
I agree with Trent. Ideally, I would like two packing slips printed every time an order is imported into print station.
sales485
New Contributor
This would be awesome to have and save so much time!!
info881
First-timer (legacy)
I'm adding my vote for this feature, with a modification to select whichever printer one wishes to use (we use Shipstation Connect). Thanks!
accounts20
First-timer (legacy)
Not sure why this isn't already an option, but automatic printing seems pretty standard. I would like to see automatic printing of labels and packing slips upon batch completion (instead of having to click the "Print Packing Slips" and "Print Labels" buttons).
sales392
First-timer (legacy)
I have a small home business on the side. I only use USPS. My Workflow: First, i combine orders from same customers then I check to make sure all orders (with multiple items) have correct weights. I still don't fully trust my automation rules but it is 98% accurate. Then I make sure the customer requested shipping method matches the current method. I then print labels, packing slips and pick list for every batch. I do 3 batches a day. Side note: One thing I hate is having to click the green "Create Labels" button on the popup that pops up after i click "Create Labels" on the right sidebar. I dont need this "confirmation" I then proceed to print my labels. When i started using shipstation, i was printing the label and packing slip in one 8x11 label page. It was convenient but i was wasting a label for every order (500+ orders a month) because we do not send packing slips with orders. So i purchased a new printer with 2 trays; one with label paper and one with regular paper but it did not work well because if label paper tray ran out of labels, it would automatically print a shipping label on regular paper tray (tried changing this behavior but unsuccessful). So now i use 2 printers; one for shipping labels @ 2 per sheet and one for packing slips also 2 per sheet and also used for pick list. I am happy with the setup. I use google cloud print only. i print shipping labels from work for my wife to pack. I even use cloud print at home. Shipstation connect almost never works. Printers are always offline or not detected by shipstation connect so i stopped using it. My suggestions regarding this auto printing idea: I would love for the software to auto print. It would help when im too busy at work to print labels for my wife to pack. I would help a lot to be able to at least print simple, single orders automatically and leave more complex, multiple orders to a human. I would also like to be able to only auto print orders where the customer chooses First Class shipping method because sometimes when they choose priority i still ship it as first class for various reasons.
eric25
First-timer (legacy)
It would be nice to have an automation rule that prints a packing slip ONLY when the # of items bought exceeds the lines on a label (3 domestic / 5 International).......So I do forget to pack the extra items. Right now I have to flag those with a tag color to let myself know to handle them manually.