cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Because this original request I made for this was closed when an unrelated feature was introduced, I'm creating a new one. I would very much like to be able to have the automation in ShipStation be able to print. This would allow me to have it automatically print all new orders that have downloaded, so that warehouse personnel know an order has come in when the printer starts spitting out packing slips. This is something we're used to having in a different product we switched from to ShipStation and it's the main thing we miss. With printing being done through ShipStation Connect now, this should be entirely possible too. The other thing that would have be added is another feature that ShipStation really does need anyway: an indication of some kind that an order has already been printed. This would allow automation to "print all unprinted orders" as well as greatly reduce the possibility of orders being double-packed when more than 1 person is working shipping. We've had this happen multiple times simply because there's no good way to tell when an order has already been printed right now. Thank you!!
146 Comments
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thank you for all the info, everyone! Going off of @David's comment, how would you handle orders that needed combining if there was the ability to automatically print your labels and packing slips?
accounts20
First-timer (legacy)
My thought behind the automatic printing would be that the interface would automatically print the labels and packing slips on batch completion (i.e. eliminate the need to press the "Print Labels" and "Print Packing Slips" buttons). So everything that needed to be done as far as combining orders would have already been completed. If instead this feature were to be designed to automatically print labels and packing slips as orders come in, then to mitigate the problem with combining orders, there would have to be some kind of user-specified delay (or time-of-day setting). If the customer doesn't place another order within X minutes/hours, then it's assumed there won't be another order from them.
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Just to put in my $0.02, when I originally requested this feature over a year ago, there wasn't really a good way to do it because there was no direct access to printers via a web page. However, now that there's ShipStation Connect and Google Cloud Printer support, this would be pretty simple to accomplish. I routinely print packing slips to our warehouse printer remotely from my phone via the ShipStation app, so it wouldn't be much of a leap to build a rule that could just do that without manual intervention. The reason I'd be looking for it is to print packing slips as soon as an order is downloaded from a marketplace, to let the fulfillment staff know about it and to eliminate extra steps in the process. While it might be nice for some to automatically print labels as well, we wouldn't be looking to do that ourselves. Packing slips would be enough, and greatly appreciated as well.
sales392
First-timer (legacy)
I agree with @guntap on BOTH points. Regarding the auto batch printing, after successful batch, I would like SS to automatically send labels to my printer 1 and packing slip and pick list to printer 2, then mark as printed in the checkbox. Currently i sit around and wait for the batch to complete. No point in closing the window because I print labels right after each batch. After its successful, i click print labels, then print packing slips, then print pick list, and finally click the checkbox that says printed. Regarding the auto order printing, Most of my multiple orders are made within minutes. I would set a 1 or 2 hour delay between automatic printing. Also, I do not own a thermal printer yet and i do not print packing slip/invoice in 1 page. Therefore i would want it to auto-print only when there is an even number of orders so i wont waste labels/paper
admin223
First-timer (legacy)
I want to automatically print the packing slip for each imported order from all my channels, plus for each manually input order, to a laser printer via ship station connect.
jon29
First-timer (legacy)
WIth one click, we would like to send a 8.5x11 packing slip print job and a 4x6 label print job to two separate printers. Is there any technical reason why this can't be an option in the future? We really would like 1 - 4x6 label and 1 - 8.5x11 packing slip to pop out per shipment. As of today only the shipping labels print, and then we have to manually print out each packing slip 1 at a time and then match them up. We can print both shipping label and packing slips with one click to the 4x6 printer if we choose that option but the packing slip is too small to read and there isn't enough room really. (full page packing slips are best)
support245
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for implementing this but this works for labels only. Is there any way to have packing slips print automatically as the orders come in?
erichoppmann
First-timer (legacy)
We also would like to use this for packing slips only. Is there any chance you can extend this feature to packing slips? Thanks!
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
This is nice, but we were really hoping for automatic printing of packing slips rather than shipping labels. Ideally this would be an automation rule and could be printed to ShipStation Connect or Google Cloud Printers. Thanks!
chris54
New Contributor
We were also hoping for automatic packing slip functionality