cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Select Carriers by Cheapest Rate

JJ23
Occasional Contributor

We currently send items using multiple carrier accounts, If we are bulk processing a batch of labels is there an option to automatically select the carrier based on the cheapest rate. Using the rate calculator to select this on an item by item basis is too time consuming when there are 100's of orders in a batch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

This beta has been closed and there are no current plans to reopen it at this time. If I hear any news around this feature, I will update this thread accordingly. 

Your interest in the feature is greatly appreciated, as is your patience. 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43

ShawnSingh
Contributor

Hi @JJ23 ,

Currently ShipStation does not have a native feature to select the cheapest rate / carrier.

I had this same issue using shipstation and I ultimately created my own tool that works with Shipstation to do this. You are able to set conditions such as carriers/package types you want to consider, and then the tool will automatically select the cheapest rate for you in shipstation. 

You can actually see the tool and check if it will work for your needs at www.stationplus.co

Shawn Singh
Founder of Station+
Automatically select the cheapest carrier in shipstation

www.stationplus.co

Hello @JJ23 !

The ShipStation product team has been working on an automated cheapest rate solution for awhile now and it's almost ready. We are currently in a user testing and feedback phase and the plan is to release this feature to everyone early in 2022 (we hope by the end of March, but this will depend on what we discover through testing and feedback). 

If you are interested in using the beta version of this feature, we can enable it for you. I'll share your account info with our project manager and they'll include you in the next group of users we enable this for.

Sarah H.
Austin, Tx

@SuperMgr-Sarah  ME! I would be interested in testing using the beta version of this! Is the beta version available while using Legacy version??? Please let me know! 😃

Hi @kayla-zk

I've added you to the list so you can get access to this in the next wave (not totally sure when that will happen though). 

Unfortunately, this feature will not be available in ShipStation Legacy. You must switch over to the new layout to use it. I will enable this option on your account so you can try it out. Once enabled, you'll see a "Try Now" button in the top right. Simply click that button to move into V3.

To go back to the legacy version, click the "Give Feedback" link - also in the top right where the "Try Now" button was. Choose the option to go back to the old layout and type something in to the text box to let our product team know why you don't want to stick with the new layout. If you choose not to return to the legacy version for 2 weeks, the "Give Feedback" option will expire. 

Sarah H.
Austin, Tx

If you choose not to return to the legacy version for 2 weeks, the "Give Feedback" option will expire. 

Hi @SuperMgr-Sarah - I just want to confirm whether or not this (^^^) also means that if I don't revert back to the Legacy version within 2 weeks, that I will no longer be able to use Legacy and will be "stuck" using the new layout permanently? Or can I switch back, but just no longer give feedback?

It also means you won't have the option to switch back to Legacy.

Sarah H.
Austin, Tx

I'm interested.

Sales410
Occasional Contributor

Hi @SuperMgr-Sarah, Could you help me enroll in the next beta group for this feature?  Very interested.  Thanks!

Sales410
Occasional Contributor

@SuperMgr-Sarah Could you help me enroll my store in the next beta group for this feature?  We are on V3 and are very interested. Thanks!

Hi Sarah

we are interested in this feature is it ready or can we get on the beta list?

Howdy yall! 

Thanks for expressing interest in this beta test group! Be on the lookout for a DM from me soon 🙂 

Happy Shipping, friends! 

Thanks Davis!!! Patiently waiting for this to be enabled!

Could you help me enroll in the next beta group for automated cheapest rate feature

Howdy @steve27

Whenever we are looking to re-open that beta test, this post will be the first place we check for additional participants! I'll absolutely have you in mind when that becomes an option 🙂 

Thank you so much for showing interest! It's wonderful to see the willingness to participate.

I'd also be interested in future betas for this feature!! This is gonna be a game-changer when it's released

can you add me in the list, Thank you so much!

Hello, I would like to be added to the future beta list as well please. 

Any idea when this feature will roll out to the masses?

Would I be able to get into the beta list? I would love to try it out.

Hey there @JoseSandoval

Thank you for joining us here in the community! 

I have gotten confirmation from the team in charge of this Beta Test Group that they are not accepting new accounts into the beta at this time. However, if/when they open it back up or roll out the feature for release, we will absolutely make an announcement! 

Thank you for showing interest, it is greatly appreciated and we look forward to working with you soon! 🙂 

Hi @juanarenas

Thank you so much for showing interest! We are thrilled to hear it! 🙂 

We would like to beta test.  cmorris@enhancedlaser.com

Hi there @cmorris

If and when this feature is reopened, I will absolutely return to this thread to pull participants! You'll certainly be added to our list.

Do you have an estimate for when this will open up beyond beta? 

We'd be interested in joining the beta as well if spots open as we bounce between carriers depending on speed and price. 

Hey there @EveryAmp

I haven't heard any talks of reopening this beta, but i'll check in with my team and once I hear back, i'll update this post 🙂 

Hi EveryAmp, we didn't get into the beta either but found a nice workaround that has the same net effect and has saved us loads of time and money.  If you're interested, email me a tyler@meetstring.com

Hello everyone,

This beta has been closed and there are no current plans to reopen it at this time. If I hear any news around this feature, I will update this thread accordingly. 

Your interest in the feature is greatly appreciated, as is your patience. 

This would be hugely valuable to us, how can we try it out?

GSC
Occasional Contributor

I would also like to have access to this.  I hope if ShipStation is working on this, that they are also considering automating selection or suggestion of the cheapest Ship From (with inventory on hand) for the cheapest carrier.  For those of us that have multiple Ship From's (multiple warehouses throughout the country) we need to ship from the closest location.  It's a huge factor in determining the cheapest rate.  It's massively time consuming to choose the cheapest Ship From with inventory on hand and cheapest carrier.  We have thousands of tag rules by sku by state to reduce the effort.  Please, if you are working on this, do not just make it best carrier for a given Ship From.  Make it also figure out the best Ship From with the best rate overall.  Hope this makes sense I would love to be part of any beta or testing or input group on this topic. 

Sales410
Occasional Contributor

We are in the beta and this feature is as AWESOME as it sounds.  Total game changer. 

kbscoat
Occasional Contributor

Jealous 😉

Jealous! So wish we can be in the beta. We have over 10 different courier/account.

Hey SS user here. Would you be down to chat on your experience with the feature for like 5 mins? I’d love to ask a few questions! I’m at will@eatiqbar.com.

kbscoat
Occasional Contributor

Can you post some screenshots showing how it works?

will5
Occasional Contributor

Any update on the timeline for release? Originally it was aiming for March of 2022.

Hey there @will5

We are still working on the details for this full release, but it is on the horizon! As soon as i have any new information about rolling out this feature, I will update this thread accordingly! 🙂 

will5
Occasional Contributor

We'd be interested in a beta test, should that be made available prior to general release.

Thanks!

Hi Moderator-Davis, Is there a guess of when this option for automated cheapest rate might be rolling out for all?  Thanks

Hi - Has the automated cheapest rate option rolled out to everyone yet?

Hey there @adona72001

Thanks for showing your interest in this type of automation! 

This feature has not been rolled out platform wide just yet. 

While there isn't an ETA yet, but I will certainly update this post as soon as I hear any updates about this feature! 🙂