cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beware of cancelling an order that is combined in Shipstation

Bobby_M
Contributor

The V3 order combination feature is essentially useless due to the way it handles cancellations in whatever marketplace it is importing from. If we import order #1 and order #2 and combine them, then the customer requests to cancel order #1, shipstation will mark the combined order as cancelled and it disappears from the dashboard completely. This has happened to a us a few times and the only way we know that it happens is that the customer calls a week or more later very upset that we've forgotten to ship their remaining order. It was suggested to me that dealing with this major flaw in the order combination feature is not a bug and that I should recommend this as a feature request. Here's my official request. Fix the system so your customers do not lose their customers.

1 REPLY 1

Bobby_M
Contributor

I'm replying to my own topic to just add that across the board, the way shipstation handles order combinations and splits is unusable. It shouldn't be a point of no return. If you combine two orders, you should be able to easily and cleanly back out and split them back to their original states. If you split an order, you should be able to heal it. Orders that get combined or split should be carefully treated when those orders get updated from the sales channel. The sloppy handling implimented by shipstation can and does cost users customers.