cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercial Invoices should be pre-populated with net declaration prices in the correct currency

aturfan
First-timer

Commercial Invoices should be pre-populated with net declaration prices in the correct currency. It is very inconvenient having to manually calculate and enter each items declaration value when you employ a software which can easily do it for you. 
We are using Shopify Advanced and we are selling internationally. Each order contains the list price of the item, discount applied on it, and the tax applied (changes depending on the jurisdiction). So SS can easily pre-populate each items declaration price by deducting the discount applied and the tax applied and the shipping fee levied from the actual paid amount by the customer. And then distribute it to each order line in proportion to their list prices. This would be advisory (not compulsory) so that each time users can change these figures if they are not happy with the actual calculation. We are shipping high volumes daily to international markets and this will help us avoid human error as we are having to manually calculate each declared value and enter it manually. 

I contacted SS customer line, all they advise is to use list prices which is rather inadequate and will cost me to pay much more tax than I should normally pay. As each is not sold on list prices. We have customer discount codes and campaign sales prices changing day to day. Every country has a different VAT rate, plus these are all calculated by Shopify and charged to the customer. You can easily get these from Shopify and pre-populate commercial invoices accordingly. I am sure many Shopify users will find this feature useful. 

0 REPLIES 0