cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Packing Slip Template

EdTDCNC
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to make the custom label template I've created the default for printing labels w/packing slip. The default order# barcode is too small for our scanner to detect for some reason so I enlarged it on the custom. 

Any help is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Totally with you there my friend! You can choose your default packing slip on a per store basis. 

Starting at Settings (gear icon in the top right) > Selling Channels > Store Setup > Click the 3 dots under actions > Edit Store Details > Packing slips tab to choose that default. You can check out a screenshot here if you are a visual person like me 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hey there @EdTDCNC

Thanks for taking the time to join us here in the community! We are thrilled to have you participating. 

When it comes to label formats, our ability to adjust that format is pretty limited, as the labels are provided directly from the carriers. With this in mind, there are definitely still some changes that we can make! You can learn all about label document settings and layout  in detail at this article. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

EdTDCNC
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I meant the packing slip templates, not the shipping labels. 

Hello! 

I see! No worries at all! 

We can absolutely create custom packing slip templates! As a heads up, the subscription would need to be at the Silver or higher level to activate this feature. 

You can get to that customizing screen by starting at Settings (gear icon in the top right) > Templates (on the left hand side) > Packing Slips > COPY the default. Once copied, you can customize your packing slip template as much as you'd like via the HTML coding editor! That default one will always stay available as well. Those changes can be everything from content changes on the packing slip itself, to the formatting of the same information. You mentioned bar codes above, and i'm pleased to confirm that barcodes can also be customized.

Its my recommendation to enlist the assistance of a professional coding expert to help with that template, but if you are comfortable in that field, then more power to you! It's just a specialized skill set that I have not yet learned, is why I say this. 

EdTDCNC
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the confusion. I have already made a custom template with the larger barcode. I just need some sort of workaround to set the new custom template as the default packing slip template so we can continue using the print labels w/ packing slip feature. I don't want to have to change my shippers workflow to involve printing the labels and packing slips separately if possible.

Totally with you there my friend! You can choose your default packing slip on a per store basis. 

Starting at Settings (gear icon in the top right) > Selling Channels > Store Setup > Click the 3 dots under actions > Edit Store Details > Packing slips tab to choose that default. You can check out a screenshot here if you are a visual person like me 🙂 

Hello, unfortunately this does not work. It seems like when you print both the shipping label and packing slip together, Shipstation defaults to the default packing slip and not the ones that are designated to the store. For instance, if I print the shipping label and packing slip separately, the labels come out right. However, when I choose to print both at the same time, the default packing slip always shows up.

Hey there @millercatcop

Thanks for joining us here in the community! 🙂 

If your default selections are not printing out as intended, I absolutely recommend reaching out to our support team so we can investigate that directly where and how you are seeing that behavior. You can do this either via the Chat Widget or email at Support@shipstation.com.

marc7
Occasional Contributor

Not sure why this issue is considered "solved"?

Appreciate your effort but if you follow the thread you can see the issue remains open. The issue is specific to printing the label + pick list (not printing a pick list by itself). The problem is SS does not use the custom pick list that is setup as the store's default pick list.

In my mind, I don't consider asking the user to call support to be a solution to this issue. Can it be turned back to unresolved?

marc7
Occasional Contributor

Hello, did you ever get this resolved. I am having the same issue.