cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duplicate order numbers in scan to print

Ryan_B_McLabs
Occasional Contributor

Hello, We just ran into an issue where our shopify order numbers have created duplicate order numbers with the automatically generated order numbers from years ago in our manual orders store. This has led to a problem when we ship using scan to print. We typically have someone type the order number into the scan to print field and now this is pulling up multiple results and forces us to select the correct one each time. It takes a lot of time to set up our scanner to the shipping computer (separate from scan to verify computer) so the problem is that this will continue to happen as we create and cancel a lot of manual orders for quotes, and we create some shipments that don't require an order number in our accounting system and would clutter up that system. That will make the problem worse as it saves time to have shipstation automatically generate the order number. There are two possible solutions that I am looking for: 1)The ability to delete old shipment data so it doesn't come up in searches. or 2) Change the automatically generated order number format so it won't match up with our shopify order numbers ie. add a letter to the front, like M000000. Does anybody know of how I might do one of those two things (I couldn't find anything like those solutions in settings)

1 REPLY 1

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @Ryan_B_McLabs!

Thank you for posting in the community! After seeing your post, I contacted support, and they suggested that the next time you encounter a duplicate order number, you should reach out to them directly. That way, they can troubleshoot the issue for you.

Meanwhile, your post will still be here for any other merchants who may have encountered the same issue you are seeing. 

We appreciate you, and happy shipping!

-Cara