cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Automatic authority to leave

peterdavison
New Contributor

Love shipstation but one feature I think would be fantastic is the option to have a default value for the "confirm" section.

It's currently "no authority to leave" but being able to change it to authority to leave for every order will mean we don't have to open every order, every day and change it manually.

When we have 100 orders it takes forever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hi @peterdavison

Welcome to the Community, we are so happy to have you here with us. Also, this is a great question. 

You should be able to accomplish what you are looking to do by editing an existing automation rule. Navigate to Settings> Automation> Automation Rules, locate the rule called "Default Confirmation", and click edit. As you can see from the gif below you will be able to change it based on your available confirmation option- as you can tell mine will be different from yours. 

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

Let us know if this helps you out or if you are still running into trouble. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hi @peterdavison

Welcome to the Community, we are so happy to have you here with us. Also, this is a great question. 

You should be able to accomplish what you are looking to do by editing an existing automation rule. Navigate to Settings> Automation> Automation Rules, locate the rule called "Default Confirmation", and click edit. As you can see from the gif below you will be able to change it based on your available confirmation option- as you can tell mine will be different from yours. 

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

Let us know if this helps you out or if you are still running into trouble. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

Hey Erin,

Thank you, that's fantastic! I've just switched it over.

I haven't been reading the changelogs, but I remember not being able to do this ages ago, or perhaps I wasn't looking in the right area. Either way, great!

Appreciate it 

Birdsandbeans
First-timer

We would like to do something similar - in our case, we use Canada Post nad when the Automation rule is set to select "LEave at door - Canada Post only) - it actually sets it to "Card for Pick up" which is the next option in the list .. and the exact opposite of what we want. Has anyone got that to work with Canada Post? 

Hello there @Birdsandbeans

Welcome to the community! We are thrilled you've joined us. 

If you are seeing an automation rule apply improperly, we certainly want to take a look at that! If you are seeing in the order's Shipment Activity that the rule was applied but the wrong selection was made, please reach out to our support team! 

If instead, the rule is not applying at all to the order, then perhaps there is an adjustment to the automation rule's criteria or action that we need to take a closer look at. 

I hope this helps! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!