cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit the quantity of items on an order

RYBB
New Contributor

Hello,

From time to time I need to remove an item from an order that will no longer be shipped. I can't seem to figure out how to erase that item so that it does not show up anymore. Please let me know if this is possible and how I can do it.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

I believe this would have to be done on your sales channel side of the equation. Make the changes there, and then refresh ShipStation to get the new info.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

I believe this would have to be done on your sales channel side of the equation. Make the changes there, and then refresh ShipStation to get the new info.

eric-siversen
Super User
Super User

It sounds like maybe you want to remove an item that is out of stock after an order is place? If so with this you can pull up your order and then in the "Shipment" section click to edit the Qty and Items when you are creating the labels. Then you can change the Qty and descriptions , add or delete items. Hope that helps. 

Center Link Media
eric@centerlinkmedia.com

I am currently on a trial and also have the same question.  I edit an Order in Shopify (for example a customer ordered a Size XS, instead of S, so I edit order by adding the S and removing the XS).  I then save the update in Shopify and Refresh shipstation.  Issue is now it is showing both products, thus QTY, cost and weight all now double and postage gone up.  Why does Shipstation not refresh the data, or is this not a functionality?  Thank you

There is a tab to edit - you should be able to edit the sku, details of the product etc. Make sure you are in the "Shipment" section and there is a section to Edit. Hope that helps. 

Center Link Media
eric@centerlinkmedia.com

From what I have read in the help center and experienced myself,  you can only edit manual orders, not orders imported from the marketplace.  Furthermore, if you add an item or increase a quantity on an order in your store those changes will be reflected on the order in ShipStation once refreshed.  However, if you remove an item from an order or decrease the quantity of an item in the store, those changes will not be updated in ShipStation.  This becomes an issue for international shipments since ShipStation is sending details about the items and values to customs.  We have received complaints from international customers that have to paid taxes and duties on products that we did not ship because of an out of stock situation. ShipStation did not update the items that were removed from the order in the store.  We now have to manage customs documents outside of ShipStation because of this.  It creates some inefficiencies so hopefully this can be corrected in the future.  If I am missing something, please let me know.  I would love to be able to use ShipStation to send customs details on international shipments.

Kloubek
New Contributor

We deal with the same issue. We have automated emails that tell the customer once we have fulfilled that we have shipped X items. But if an item has been removed (or possibly added?), it skews the number the automated email shows and confuses the customer. For that matter, it confuses staff too when we notice the discrepancy.