cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got errors - "Insurance must be purchased within 48 hours of the ship date" and charged

Chappy
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Since I contacted by e-mail on Thursday I haven't heard from support until today (5pm on Tuesday).

I couldn't create a UPS shipping label since Thursday. Every time I tried to create I got the error "Insurance must be purchased within 48 hours of the ship date" and I failed to create a label.

I usually use Shipsurance for insurance and I have enough funds there.

I refreshed my browser and I tried to sign out and sign in process but I still got the same error and couldn't create a single label.

However I was charged (over $100) for all the failed attempts. (I contacted Stamps.com and they found out I was charged for all the labels that I failed to create.)

Please fix the error ASAP and refund the money. My online store is connected with Shipstation and need to ship my orders ASAP. I am paying the monthly service fee to get a better shipping cost but I had to use alternative shipping carrier which is more expensive and also already spent so many hours to send e-mails to ShipStation support but nothing was solved until now. I appreciate your immediate response. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hi @Chappy

Thanks for your post and for being a part of our community, we are so happy to have you here with us. 

I know that we were able to address this with you personally, but I wanted to respond publicly in case anyone else is in a similar situation. 

If anyone else is seeing this specific error, you will need to reach out to the support team so they can help you resolve it. 

Also, as a rule of thumb, any issue that involves a potential refund request- for  ShipStation Carrier Services or Shipsurance funds-  would also need to be directed to our support team as other members of the community and our community team would be unable to directly assist. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community 

This is THE WOST CUSTOMER SERVICE. This has happened to my company over 5 times this last year. This is so ridiculous that it lasts over days and no one can seem to find a simple solution to this after years of problems. WE ALWAYS MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY and it take you DAYS TO FINALLY FIX IT. What is our money going towards?!? I  have thousands of orders waiting to ship and i have to wait to hear from you guys over email???? If there was another company i would 100% switch to them. Your standards ARE LOW.

ClaireLMP
New Contributor

I've got the same problem.  It's been 2 days and counting.