cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to customize reports?

SarahATX

Original post from user Greg Bentkowski

I was looking thru the reports and I really want to use the Shipping Costs Report.  I need it to give the actual dimensions of the package and not just say it was a PKG.  Is it also possible to add the product that was sold?  Can the OZ be changed back to pounds for the weight.

3 REPLIES 3

PC
Occasional Contributor

I also need to customize reports.  I would like orders and shipments  data available in one report.

Hi PC!

While you can build custom reports in ShipStation, the reports are unique for Orders and Shipments. Some fields are available for both types of reports, but some aren't. So it will depend on exactly which fields you are hoping to include in a single report. If a field isn't available for Shipments, but is available for Orders, the only way to get them into the same report right now is to export both reports then copy data from one CSV to the other. Not an idea scenario, I know. 

If you haven't already, review the Create Custom Export Formats section of the Export Order Records help article to learn how to create the custom report.

2 things I notes in the reply to the main poster here that might also be useful to you: 

1. We do have some solution providers we partner with that may be able to leverage the ShipStation API to pull data and build the exact custom report you need. These partners do charge a fee for their services, but if you are willing to spend a bit of money they may be able to help you both create your ideal report and even automate it. DataAutomation is one you might want to look into!
  2. Our product team is currently reviewing a lot of feedback about improving our reports going into 2021. Take a look at our product ideas forums and you can vote and comment on any existing ideas or submit your own if your specific idea doesn't exist there yet.
Sarah H.
Austin, Tx

SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee

The reports available in Insights > Reports cannot be customized beyond the filters that are available before you run the reports. The fields within the reports are always the same. The  PKG field only lists the package type (whether you use a default like "Package" or one of your custom packages), and the weight cannot be changed from OZ, either. 

HOWEVER! You can build custom reports from either the Orders or Shipments tab (depending on what type of report you want to build). The custom reports will include only the fields you define. The primary difference between the insights reports and custom reports is that the insights reports have some built in calculations and formatting while the custom reports are just CSV files that include the requested data. So for calculations you'd have to add formulas and for other types of formatting, you'd have to edit the CSV after export. Review the Create Custom Export Formats section of the Export Order Records help article to learn how to create the custom report and see if that will provide you with the report you need.

Two other quick notes...

1. We do have some solution providers that we partner with that may be able to leverage the ShipStation API to pull data and build the exact custom report you need. These partners do charge a fee for their services, but if you are willing to spend a bit of money they may be able to help you both create your ideal report and even automate it. DataAutomation is one you might want to look into!
  2. Our product team is currently reviewing a lot of feedback about improving our reports going into 2021. Take a look at our product ideas forums and you can vote and comment on any existing ideas or submit your own if your specific idea doesn't exist there yet.
Sarah H.
Austin, Tx