cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Issues with splitting shipments

natwaterscapes
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone experienced issues lately when using the "split shipment" feature. We go to split our shipments and when we move the desired products to the new shipment they now also remain on the first shipment. See attached, previously the units would not remain on the first shipment. I would love to know if anyone else has noticed this? Or if there is a resolution?Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 10.57.51 AM.png

6 REPLIES 6

Hey @natwaterscapes

Welcome to the community! Thank you so much for taking the time to participate with us, we are truly excited to have you! 

This behavior you have described and documented is certainly something we need to investigate directly in your account. I attempted to recreate this instance in my personal account and have been unable to do so.

Clearly, we need to get to the root of this so that you can use the split ship feature as intended! Inspecting this feature behavior will best be done through one of our agents in the support department. 

Our team will be more than happy to assist! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

I have the same issue when splitting orders. We used to have 2 separate orders...not just the same order with 2 "shipments". Makes it cumbersome to see what is left to ship and what already has shipped. Also, we have a problem when combining orders. If we have a manual order that is combined with an existing order, the manual order disappears. This causes a problem when downloading ALL manual orders from our shop for inventory purposes. The manual ones that have been combined are not on the download. Frustrating!

ORG365_SB
First-timer

Yes! I have the same issue. We used to have 2 separate orders...not just the same order with 2 "shipments". Also a problem when combining orders. If we have a manual order that is combined with an existing order, the manual order disappears. This causes a problem when downloading ALL manual orders from our shop for inventory purposes. The ones that have been combined are not on the download. Frustrating!

Raluca
New Contributor

We are having issues with the split shipment feature too. Our team sometimes accidentally selects the incorrect shipment to ship, because the flow is so confusing. I have made this mistake too even if I paid a lot of attention to what shipment I was shipping. The previous design was excellent, could you revert back to it? Thank you.

Howdy @ORG365_SB and @Raluca,

Thanks for posting about this behavior you are seeing with splitting shipments! The new version's split shipment process is intended to create a second shipment on the same order, instead of creating an entirely separate order number.

However, if you are seeing that after you have created a secondary shipment on the order, that item(s) are appearing on both shipments, then I recommend reaching to our Support team so that we can get to the root of this behavior. 

When you are combining orders, only the order that you are combining INTO will remain. I have confirmed with my team that this is operational as intended. 

I hope this helps clarify! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the new design is not at all clear. No one in our shipping department likes it and they have already made several errors because of how confusing it is. We hope someone will look at this feedback and redesign the flow. It is very unfortunate that something that was working flawlessly had to be altered in a non intuitive manner.