cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit on Barcode presets?

NEV2
Rookie

Is there a limit on how many presets that I can use as barcodes? We have quite a few box sizes that we would like to have all on as a barcode. I have ran out of hotkeys to assign the package presets to.

Heres the funny part. I have one preset that was never assigned a hotkey and it has been working as a barcode. Yet I cannot seem to do it again,

NEV2

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @NEV2

If you are running out of hotkeys to assign, my recommendation would be to look into the Barcode Scan Action Quick Reference Sheet! 

With this feature you can create a page of 10 scannable hotkeys at a time (you can make multiple sheets if needed) to assist with your individual work stations and workflows. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

False, I cannot create any more scannable hotkeys if i am out of hotkeys... Ex: CTRL+1 thru 9 and CTRL A-Z... That only gives me about 35... Id like to have more.

Hi @NEV3

Thanks for being a part of our community and for your comment. 

Apologies for any confusion in our previous replies. There is no known limit for number of  shipping presets you can have, however the # of presets that can have hotkeys is 36. 

I would be curious how you are using your presets with hotkeys and maybe to see if there are some presets you can instead create automation rules for instead of using the shipping preset to free up a preset with a hotkey attached. Have you attempted to utilize Automation rules for assigning services in certain cases? 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood  ShipStation Community Manager