cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add ability to download SKU barcodes

jaimes57
Occasional Contributor

Please add the ability to download product SKU barcodes. This would give us the option to place SKUs on the products themselves and scan those rather than the packing slip.

If a packer grabs the wrong item and scans it in on the packing slip, scanning is not necessarily going to reduce the error rate. Having the SKU affixed to the product will give the packer an error to double-check if they grab the wrong item.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jaimes57
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, @Moderator-Davis and @NEV, for the replies. The workaround we came up with is this:

1. We created a new SKU and barcode for each of our products using Excel (lots of tutorials of how to do this online).

2. We then entered the new SKU number for each in Shipstation in the "Fulfillment SKU" field. For this to work, we made sure "Scan Items to Verify by: Fulfillment SKU" was checked under Settings > Shipping > Workflow Settings.

3. We added the barcode to the back cover of the product itself.

Voilá!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Howdy @jaimes57

I totally see why this would be desirable! 

We have something that I think may be similar for you! Not precisely what you described, but potentially an alternate workflow? Please check out this knowledge base article about Scan To Verify! I think you'll find it interesting and speaking towards this type of "double confirmation" for those items. 

I hope this can help! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

NEV
Contributor

We have a program called Wasp Labeler that allows us to print SKU Barcodes onto Zebra Printers, We use 4X2 Sticker paper in it and it works very well. Im sure you can use it to print onto 8 1/2 X 11 sticker pages aswell. We also put product description and more on em.

Thanks for this potential solution @NEV! Teamwork makes the dream work!

jaimes57
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, @Moderator-Davis and @NEV, for the replies. The workaround we came up with is this:

1. We created a new SKU and barcode for each of our products using Excel (lots of tutorials of how to do this online).

2. We then entered the new SKU number for each in Shipstation in the "Fulfillment SKU" field. For this to work, we made sure "Scan Items to Verify by: Fulfillment SKU" was checked under Settings > Shipping > Workflow Settings.

3. We added the barcode to the back cover of the product itself.

Voilá!

@jaimes57

Excellent solution! Thank you so much for sharing this workflow with the community! 

I'm betting this is going to help others in the future as well 🙂 

Happy shipping!