cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Adjustments Incorrect/Denied Refunds/Being Overcharged after Label purchase

WorldsSweetestS
First-timer

So I have been having carrier adj from UPS that I also did not discover until March of this year and lost about $300.00 because my time to make a "claim" had passed 90 days.  First how does a consumer know that these adjustments have happened, two how do you know that you only have 90 days to make a claim.  Then to add to the insult.  99% of the adjustments are incorrect!!!  I make items that are shipped in large boxes, but only way about 5 - 7lbs.  However, UPS uses a DIMS calculation and says that a box that is 24 x 18x 4" should weigh 14lbs.  UPS then randomly charges me the shipping cost difference plus a adjustment fee.  I have been working with Shipstation about the issue.  I have supplied ample proof including photos.  Have spend hours providing proof and sorting through the mess.  UPS comes back with a stock answer, we calabrate our machines daily and this is what your package weighed!!! and refues to return MY hard earned money.  I have no choice but to consider passing the unfair adjustment cost to my potential customers and then also probably costing me business.  This is not only unfair, but discriminates against small businesses like mine.  I can promise you Amazon does not have this issue.  I have no problem paying for what I have agreed to pay for.  I plan to take this all the way up the food chain.  Please link to me if you are having this same issue.

14 REPLIES 14

PDmobius
First-timer

This just happened to us as well. We received an email this morning about some adjustments ShipStation was in the process of making to our account from May and June (no other information provided). When we started looking through the reports, we realized there were actually a lot of adjustments being made to our UPS orders. We had largely switched from shipping FedEx to shipping everything UPS with the supposedly great rates "UPS by ShipStation" was providing. Now we have a huge list of adjustments, most of them not in our favor; and most of them with a $12.75  upcharge. And most of the adjustments on the report don't even say why the adjustment was made! After chatting with ShipStation, it turns out our only recourse is to dispute the adjustments through them without even knowing why they were made in the first place. So in short, UPS can show whatever price they want for "UPS by ShipStation" rates, make adjustments later without giving you a reason, and then all you can do is blindly dispute it. ShipStation can try to wash its hands of this all it wants, but that's an insane way to operate. This means that most of our savings since switching to ShipStation were actually losses on most packages. When I select UPS Ground for a small package with a given rate of $8, I should feel pretty confident that the price is correct. Someone should have to explain this.

SraVer
New Contributor

This exact scenario is happening to us - I wish I had seen your post earlier.  In the last 90 days we were charged $800+ in additional shipping fees, which UPS took out of our stamps.com account, unbeknown to us. This seems illegal and I am trying to escalate via Shipstation with very little help.  Shipstation should not be quoting prices for shipping if the quotes are not accurate.  We know our dimensions are correct and UPS seems to be accounting for space taken up on the truck for each box.  If anyone makes headway on this issue, please keep me in the loop.  I plan to escalate and seek legal counsel. Thank you.

Hello SraVer! 

Thank you for your post and bring up your concerns. I know unexpected shipping adjustments can be stressful and frustrating to a company. The one resource we can give is setting up a view so you can view your adjustments and all charges from within their Shipstation account by producing the report for stamps in our UI. You can do this by navigating to SETTINGS>SHIPPING>CARRIERS>clicking the settings next to USPS and selecting to view reports. That will drop them into stamps where they can view all adjustments and reasoning for them.

I hope this helps, and as always, please feel free to reach out to support@shipstation at any time for any assistance you may need. 

Happy Shipping!

-Cara

This leads me to only a list of my deposits and shipping transactions. This does not show any detail on the adjustments.  Am I missing something?

andrewsmoss
New Contributor

I am also having a nightmare of a time with this. I have spent nearly a month trying to figure out how to even view UPS adjustments and no one at ShipStation support can help. Where are you seeing adjustments?

SraVer
New Contributor

They do not make it easy, however, I called Stamps.com and they provided access and printed me a report of 90 day history.  Apparently, in working with Shipstation, you automatically get a stamps.com account, which is where the money is managed.  I had never logged in over the 3 years we had it, until I received an email telling me my account was in overdraft.  This made no sense since SS doesn't let you ship if you don't deposit enough into your account.  Then I realized that the UPS illegal withdrawals directly from Stamps is what was putting my account in overdraft.  It's maddening and I am on a mission to fix it now.  

Have you figured out how to export the data? I found the list, but to figure out what shipments the adjustments correspond to I have to click the link of each individual one. There has to be an exportable report somewhere.

I had the stamps.com rep run the report and email it to me.  The format is a pain so I had to manipulate in excel, as shipstation has their own format they want it in when you file a claim.  The other bummer is you can only go back 90 days, but the report they send has everything you need.

Were you able to see the adjustments broken down with information you can actually manipulate, or was it a list you had to manually click through still?

It was an excel spreadsheet with a unique line for every original charge or label, and a line for every adjustment with adjustment reasons.  They sent it as a link but when I opened it I could manipulate it in excel.  Mine was titled Customer Postage Adjustments (APV).xlsx

They won't even give me that. I'm thousands of dollars in the hole and have to manually click every adjustment to figure out what's going on. 

I originally called and they logged a ticket on my behalf and then emailed me from support@stamps.com.  I started out asking for a password reset and then the person was helpful so I asked her to help me generate the report.  
This is so crazy - should be a class action law suit.

P.S. Stamps.com 888-434-0055

I had to call because I didn't know my password as I never logged in.  You will need a username -shipstation can provide-  but I found an email in my inbox from when I signed up with SS that had it.  You can search on "Your Free Stamps.com Account is Now Active" ,in quotes to find this email or start with SS to get your username.  I did find stamps.com to be helpful but they punted it back to SS when I escalated the issue.

SraVer
New Contributor

P.S. Stamps.com 888-434-0055

I had to call because I didn't know my password as I never logged in.  You will need a username -shipstation can provide-  but I found an email in my inbox from when I signed up with SS that had it.  You can search on "Your Free Stamps.com Account is Now Active" ,in quotes to find this email or start with SS to get your username.  I did find stamps.com to be helpful but they punted it back to SS when I escalated the issue.