cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

shipstation sucks

exasperated
Occasional Contributor

They are no help whatsoever when UPS has a bogus adjustment after the shipment is delivered. UPS has done that a couple of times, but usually it's not enough to even worry about. This last time they grossly overstated the weight and dimensions and hit my account for over $80.00! I filed a dispute through shipstation, and haven't gotten anywhere! I've presented evidence of the actual dimensions and weight of the item. They don't reply to emails, so I start a new chat, and it's always the same answer..."we're waiting to hear back from UPS". Well...if UPS ever gets back, what do you suppose they're going to say??? I won't be using shipstation anymore, as this is costing me much more than if I'd have gone directly through the carrier, and actually been provided some customer service! All I can say is...if you ship through Shipstation...good luck...

5 REPLIES 5

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello @exasperated

Thank you for reaching out and for being a part of our community. I can understand that awaiting an answer can be frustrating when it comes to disputing adjustments, however, I can assure you are team is doing everything they can. 

Even though want to help get you to a resolution as soon as humanly possible we have to follow the carriers process  and timeline when it comes to handling claims. I know this situation is not ideal but we thank you for your continued patience. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

exasperated
Occasional Contributor

My biggest frustration is the lack (absence) of communication. You've asked me if communication via email is ok, so I've responded that yes...it's fine. I usually receive an email in a short time that is redundant of the live chat conversation. Any time I've replied via email to present proof and documentation to back up my dispute, there is zero response for days. I then have to start a new live chat to actually get a response, and then the same cycle continues. I WILL follow up with the final outcome if UPS ever responds to the dispute, but...I'm certain they will not pay it out and make it right. I highly regret that I hadn't purchased the shipping labels directly from the carrier, and not have to deal with the middle man (Shipstation). The couple bucks I saved on the shipping labels are in no way worth the headache. Never again...

Hello @exasperated

I understand how you that would be frustrating, and I have forwarded this feedback along. 

I know it has been a little while but I wanted to reach back out and check on you. Has this been resolved for you at this point? 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

matt9
New Contributor

i have DOZENS of 'adjustments' i just found out about.  shipstation is only agreeing to reimburse me a very small portion of them.  they cannot even explain why these ups adjustments are happening.  i'm out hundreds of dollars.

support60
Occasional Contributor

We see this as one of the biggest downfalls to the UPS by Shipstation.  There is ZERO visibility to the adjustments, and getting that information from Shipstation is next to impossible.  HIGHLY suggest people run the report to look for adjustments if using this....