cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fortis-SD1
First-timer

Hello,

I am requesting an improvement to the integration with FedEx for international shipments. Currently, there are only two options for the "Terms of Sale" field, also called "Incoterms", on the commercial invoice: DDP and DDU. However, there are many other Terms of Sale available if one goes directly through the FedEx website of FedEx ShipManager. For some reason, when mapping that field to their app, ShipStation did not pull all the available options over.

Additionally, DDU is an expired term of sale. It was replaced by DAP in 2010, so an update is also needed there.

Spencer

6 Comments
ShipArea
New Contributor

After 1 Year.

Do we have an update for this?

DDU is an expired term of sale, but it stays showing at commercial invoice. Can we at least have an update at the incoterms? 

ShipArea
New Contributor

Do we have any update on this?

ShipArea
New Contributor

Do we have any Update on this? Soon, we can buy a cake and sign happy birthday and see if we summon a answer.

JAndrews
Occasional Contributor

I am needing an update on this as well.

When we ship under DDU, FedEx will randomly charge the customs to us. We then have to send it to their rebilling department to have it charged back to the customers. For some reason, there is an issue with DDU versus DAP that causes this to occur.

All of our documents (NOT the EDT documents sent via ShipStation) show DAP as our Terms of Sale so it doesn't occur all of the time. But, because these documents are showing up as DDU, this will happen occasionally.

I hope the incoterms are updated soon. When searching for DAP I found an update where the incoterm is available for UPS, so I am not sure why it isn't available for FedEx. 

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @JAndrews!

Thank you for your post and great idea! Please keep sharing your thoughts—they help us improve.

Happy Shipping!

-Cara

GoToMax
New Contributor

Hello!

In a similar vein, I would like to change shipping Incoterms to ExWorks or Free Carrier Agreement to be more in line with the policies our company uses.

Being able to change this at the International Settings page for all shipments and at the customs declarations section of a shipment would be very helpful.

Thank you.