cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TelCan
Occasional Contributor

Selecting Hold for Pickup is something that is offered by eShipper but isn't available in ShipStation, and is extremely useful to us as many of our customers require this service.

Currently we have to go back to eShipper to ship these packages, we would much rather use ShipStation.

5 Comments
ithic
First-timer

Looks like this can be an option:

Use Hold for Pickup

When shipping packages, use the Hold for PickUp option, and the recipients can collect the package at their local Post Office™.

Taken from:

https://www.uspis.gov/tips-prevention/mail-theft 

Please integrate this feature into ShipStation with USPS as it would cut down on Fraud and Friendly Fraud. 

Thank you!

saun_majumder
First-timer

TelCan - sorry to hijack this conversation but how were you able to integrate eshipper with shipstation for your regular orders?  Did you have a developer connect via API?

TelCan
Occasional Contributor

We currently don't use eShipper for much apart from when we need to create a return shipment back from the US to Canada for merchandise returns etc as this is difficult to do otherwise since we're in Canada (UPS will assume sending from Canada on the website), and in these cases we use the old eShipper website interface still.  We were told there is a newer one but we haven't had the need to try it yet.  For the API that would be great, we don't have any information here.  In the end our UPS rep was able to get us even better rates than eShipper based on our volume.  We currently use the native ShipStation web app with our own accounts for the various carriers.

Cheers

eyes4dh
First-timer

Please integrate this. I just left Endicia that has this offer and my customers in high crime areas choose this all the time. Please integrate this into ShipStation!  

In Endicia under creating label they have an area that states Extra Service for that shipping label and when yo click on Extra Services this clicks up with the option to Hold for Pickup at local Post Office.

scrnli_5_1_2023_8-28-57 PM.png

NikkiH
First-timer

I agree, this would be a great option especially as more and more "porch pirates" are actively stealing UPS packages left at residential addresses! Right now I have to send these packages directly from my UPS account instead of Ship Station which means they're omitted from the Ship Station reports, causing extra work.