cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
service37
First-timer (legacy)
When importing orders into Quickbooks Online it sets the Sales Receipt date to the day I import them. Why not set the date to the shipping date? Please fix this. It makes no sense to use the import date and at least the shipping date would be more accurate as to when the order occured. Imagine importing 300 orders from August and then having to go back and fix the date on each one because you imported them in October.
9 Comments
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks so much for adding this idea! We'll keep this in mind for the future but we'd like to see some more user interest before we move forward on implementing a change. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
lauren6
First-timer (legacy)
Totally agree! This is a HUGE flaw in the export. The sad part is when we went back to fix the date on the orders QBO ended up making the order $0. So the orders were messed up and the accounting is messed up because Shipstation does not import with the correct date.
billing6
First-timer (legacy)
I am here to support this change!
af1
First-timer (legacy)
Also interested in this. US GAAP accounting standards generally say that you recognize revenue when you deliver a product to a customer (and the most common proxy for that is the ship date). Since Quickbooks recognizes revenue on the sales receipt date or invoice date, setting that to the ship date would be in keeping with US GAAP standards.
ekidman
First-timer
I would like to see this also. I'm surprised that is not the default way it works to be honest. Setting the order date in Quickbooks to the date the order was imported makes no sense. It should use the actual order date or the ship date.
af1
First-timer (legacy)
When the Quickbooks online integration creates a sales receipt or invoice in QBO, it should include the country in the "Shipping to" field. When you don't do this, it screws up how Quickbooks automatically tries to calculate sales tax (it assumes if it can't find the state, that the order should have your default sales tax settings applied, when for international orders it should usually not have any sales tax applied at all). So now I have to go manually edit each order to add the country to the shipping address which is a gigantic waste of time for something that could have been done automatically by Shipstation.
Marker8gear
Rookie

ABSOLUTELY NEED TO have the shipments transfer to QBO as of the SHIP DATE! or give us the option!!

PAMCORP
Occasional Contributor

Why hasn't this been addressed. This is a no brainer and it ruins the import function. The ship date should be the date recorded in quickbooks. PLEASE FIX THIS.

-Brandon

jjjschmidt
New Contributor
The Quickbooks integration is quite troublesome.  

I have to tell SS to send orders to QB manually.  I have to give SS a date that the orders were placed to send them to QB.  SS then checks to see if any orders placed on that date were shipped and, if they were, SS sends those shipped orders to QB.  The sales receipt created in QB dated the day that it gets sent to QB, NOT the date the order was created.  

So - If I have 10 orders placed on a certain date - and each of those orders is shipped on a separate day - then I have to tell SS to process orders from that date 10 separate times to get all the orders to QB.   AND - each of the 10 orders from that one date will be posted on a different date in QB.  That is so sloppy and makes record keeping a nightmare.  

This thread was started in 2017.  It's now 2024.  I'm just getting started with SS and QB and this issue has not been resolved.  Not only that, but I don't see any comment in this thread from SS?  

I reached out to support about this and here is the solution they proposed:

ShipStation will only send over information to Quickbooks for orders that are in shipped status, so if you create your labels for your orders the day your orders import into ShipStation, the transaction date within Quickbooks should be correct.

It's not a solution.  They are just telling me that I can get the dates correct in QB if I process and ship all orders on they dates they are placed.  So I guess I have to come in on weekends and holidays now...