cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krzysztof
First-timer (legacy)
Could we get royal mail tracking within shipstation? As far as I am aware there is a RM tracking API which allows pulling this information without going to the RM tracking page. Royal mail also offers delivery tracking for the 24 and 48 service which does not require signature. It would be great to have tracking information for these parcels too or at least the parcel number populated in the tracking field. Currently we have to take this from the label manually.
21 Comments
DomH
Super User
Super User
We so need this! The Royal Mail API supports this, the itemID (2D) number is already passed back as it appears on the generated label. If it was then mapped through to the ShipStation tracking reference field it would then be customer clickable. Instead of 'No tracking'. It can be done, Royal Mail use the same API link to drive their inhouse app which plugs into E-commerce platforms, which do get the number in the right place. o the tracking number
DomH
Super User
Super User
For developer reference RM tracking for tracked and signed for services is of course available. What we need is the 21 digit number (non tracked mail for but with delivery confirmation) which Royal Mail refer to as the 21 Character UID. The Royal Mai API definitely does support this. Can you retrieve it? Yes say Royal Mail in P5 of their API FAQs. https://developer.royalmail.net/sites/developer.royalmail.net/files/royal_mail_api_shipping_v3_frequ... https://developer.royalmail.net/api This would be a HUGE improvement for customers with Royal Mail integrations.
superheroesware
First-timer (legacy)
How is it possible that self proclamed number 1 shipping software (ShipStation) doesn't do this? Extremely disapointing, so many others already doing it for over a year....
INFO366
First-timer (legacy)
Agree. Veeqo, mintsoft all of them have this available.
jason_divers
First-timer (legacy)
I have been waiting for this feature for over a year, I am glad that this is planned but can we get an update on timeframe? eBay is enforcing this as proof of postage, it also helps with buyer complaints, etc. Every time I try to explain to SS that the 'Carrier Transaction ID#' is the 1D/2D barcode number I get the response that it is not and the 1D/2D barcode is not sent to SS. Please do some research into this as all your support staff seem to think this is wrong and completely reject this which is very annoying. How is it printed on the shipping label and can be downloaded from Shipments - exported line items? It is a simple case of mapping this ID to the tracking field for those services from RM. It is not a Royal Mail limitation but a Shipstation one as all other software I have used has this feature. Shipstation is by far the best software I have used however a simple feature that is affecting a lot of Shipstations UK customers isn't a priority.
hq
First-timer (legacy)
It looks like ShipStation now pulls the tracking number of Royal Mail 24 and 48 services. We just need ShipStation to pull the tracking status too now.
kunal
First-timer (legacy)
This has been going on since 2019.... how has this not been done yet?
DomH
Super User
Super User
FYI Shipstation does pull through the long reference number for RM24 and RM48 services, which can be passed through to marketplaces or used to link out to RM tracking. That said, there is no tracking status until delivered on those services, so don't expect too much, Royal Mail don't provide status feeds on non tracked services, so it won't work well with SS tracking pages, you need to use the RM link out function.
sarah1
Occasional Contributor
I would love to be able to see what parcels have been delivered. There is API tracking that should be able to do this easily. I currently have to use https://my.trackingmore.com/ as an additional step to see what has been delivered!
Status changed to: Completed
SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee

ShipStation updated its integration with Royal Mail in Sept of 2020, and this update included the ability for ShipStation to provide clickable tracking links in the Tracking # column of the Shipments tab. This tracking number will also be sent to your customers if you include the [Tracking #] field replacement in your confirmation email templates. 

Both the email link and Shipments tab link will direct you to the Royal Mail tracking page. However, at this time Royal Mail doesn't offer a tracking update option, so ShipStation cannot update the status of these shipments in ShipStation - either automatically or via the "Track Shipments" button.