cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stacie1
Occasional Contributor

Good Afternoon-

I would like to request that you add the UPS Delivery Option "Direct Delivery Only" We are required to use that option for some of the items we ship & I'm sure you have other customers that would love to see this option as well.

Thank you for your time & consideration!

8 Comments

Hi there! 

I definitely see why this type of delivery option would be desired! I'll add this over to our Ideas section so that other users can vote and show their support for this terrific idea 🙂 

Buddy
First-timer

I want this feature as well.

MikeS
First-timer

We need this option as well.

jolyles7
New Contributor

Yes!! Please add this option. Thank you!

stacie1
Occasional Contributor

Just wanted to resurrect this old post because it seems like there is a lot of interest in the UPS Delivery Option "Direct Delivery Only". Will you ever be adding this option.

We are required to use that option for some of the items we ship so I have to manually create labels on UPS.com which is time consuming & unproductive. I'm sure there are other customers who have the need for the DDO option as well.

Could you add this to a future update?
Thank you!

SMG
First-timer

this is definitely needed especially since UPS keep taking our customers parcels to access points instead of trying to deliver it

AdamNYC
Occasional Contributor

Now with UPS MyChoice if you do not select the "UPS Direct Delivery Only (DDO)" option on UPS labels the receiver can change the shipping address to ANY OTHER ADDRESS without the knowledge or approval of the shipper.  

This is a MASSIVE risk for sellers. 

eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, PayPal, Stripe etc all require orders to be shipped to the exact address on the order when it is received.   If we change the address we lose all protection against fraud.  Any customer can simply change the address and claim they didn't get the item.  If the address is different that what on the order you will 100% lose the dispute. 

More advanced Scammers place orders using stolen credit number and they enter the actual card holders address.  This get the orders past the initial fraud screening process as the name, address, phone, email are all legit.  Once the order ship, they can simply call UPS and change the address and have your item shipped to their actual address instead without your knowledge.  When you receive a chargeback the tracking number will show the address was chaged and 100% you lose the dispute and they keep your item.  This is insane.

Previously, receivers were NOT able to change a shipping address however just recently this has changed. I just lost several thousand dollar due to this exact scam.   

This "UPS Direct Delivery Only (DDO)" needs to be added into ShipStation immediately.  It's available on UPS.com when making labels so clearly is a live feature.

2024-08-14 16_19_14-UPS Shipping - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @AdamNYC!

I know you posted these concerns several times, but I wanted to ensure we note that this feature request is being considered. 

Thank you for your post! We show that we have escalated your feature requests via our standard channels, and we have also escalated feature request tickets that go to our R&D Department for serious consideration.  We are constantly improving and adding features, which are being deployed as quickly as possible based on feedback like yours.  We implement features based on factors such as overall customer demand so we can best allocate our resources.  We do not have a specific timeframe for the feature you describe, but we have escalated your feedback to our R&D Department.

Keep an eye out for future updates. 

Happy Shipping!

-Cara