cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
CG1
Occasional Contributor
The problem here is that Shipstation is not updating Shopify in a proper way so that Shopify can send additional ship notifications to customers on new shipments beyond the original shipment. Meaning: 1. if a label is voided, not only does the customer not get a notification that the label was voided, but they don't get a notification of the new label's tracking number; and 2. if no label is voided but a new label is created (example, sending a new shipment for a replacement item sent out due to damage upon delivery or defect or lost in shipping, etc.), then same problem as #1. 

This can't be the way the integration to Shopify was designed. This is completely unacceptable and makes Shipstation and Shopify unusable together. We are getting massive numbers of customer service emails with confusion as to why their tracking numbers are showing canceled because they aren't getting the new tracking notifications on the new labels. 

Shopify has confirmed that in these two scenarios mentioned above, Shipstation is sending the new tracking details to the notes section of the order in Shopify, which does not send notifications to the customer from Shopify's end. The data needs to be sent to the order level, the same level that Shipstation sends the original tracking info to. It just needs to go to the same place every time so that Shopify is able to notify the customer of all new updates. 

This is business critical. Shipstation to Shopify integration is unusable without this. 

Thomas
11 Comments
AndyK
Occasional Contributor

Same crap over here. We void a label, and shipstation sends the voided tracking number to Shopify, which the customer then receives. They click to track and it USPS or whatever says the label was cancelled. Just got accused of trying to scam on a multi thousand dollar order.

Shipstation support has the gall to tell me that is working as intended. INTENDED???  

If that is as intended they have no business running software like this. There is absolutely zero use case for sending a VOIDED tracking number. 

The only thing they could do is send me to this thread so I could give it a thumbs up and they would "consider": making the change in the future.

This is bush league crap. I'm looking for another shipping solution as fast as I can.

info966
Occasional Contributor

Would also LOVE to see this feature in the future, thank you!

Ravelheart-Ed
Explorer

We are having the same issue.  Voiding a shipment and reissuing should update the marketplace with the new tracking number, but unfortunately it does not.  You must go into the order in the marketplace to manually update the tracking number.  This shouldn't be necessary at all as the integration should update it especially when the previous one was cancelled.

khardy
Occasional Contributor

Same, I understand you canโ€™t pull back the original shipping info. But if the voided tracking is replaced, not added as a note, then future updates and the customer info in their account will at least be accurate. 

help3
Occasional Contributor

Same issue, on top of it, another related issue: Shipping a single line item with multiple components separately. 

Example: Kit 1 contains 3 items from 3 different vendors. We ship an item, and "create another shipment" which now has 3 total shipments associated. Only the first gets back to the customer. #2 and #3 go off into la-la land. 

Why would this happen if we didn't want the customer to know there were more shipments on the way? Shopify lets you add multiple tracking numbers. 

This has to be one of the biggest integrations (Shopify/SS) to fix this OBVIOUS problem. Come on ShipStation!

sales142
Contributor

ShipStation appears to send paying customers to the NEW IDEAS forum and in good faith customers are suggesting new ideas. I've yet to see a recent fix for ANY of the problems that exist within ShipStation. Has anyone found another non-ShipStation solution? If so... please post it. We're ready to spend our money with a company that listens to customers and implements necessary fixes in a timely manner.

WishShipStation
Contributor

Ran into this issue today. I cannot believe this thread is from last year and the issue is still not fixed. Does Ship Station fix anything? 

AndyK
Occasional Contributor

If anyone here has ideas on alternatives to shipstation please post them up. Unfortunately shipstation still has a ton of features we need but I would love to make the switch. Itโ€™s shocking to me that this simple fix has not been implemented. 

ShipAware
Occasional Contributor

Can anyone please confirm if this is still an issue for them?

We have a user that uses Shopify and ShipStation and I noticed that we're now getting updated tracking information for their reships and cancellations.

kelbournewoolen
New Contributor

This is still an issue for us. I voided a label in Shipstation yesterday because a customer added items and the order needed to be repacked and a new label made. The order did NOT update with the new tracking number in Shopify. I had to add it manually to the order in Shopify, and it still shows as Delivery Failed in the orders dashboard because I can only notate the new tracking. The voided tracking number is still attached to the order.