We have a few improvements to ShipStation features in this round of Release Notes, and as we approach the end of the year, we have a handful of carrier and selling channel bug fixes!
- Product Details popup - Service Names menu: We have resolved an issue in the Product Details popup so that the Service drop-down menu will display service names completely. Previously, some service names could get cut off.
- ShipStation sign-ups via Shopify or BigCommerce: We resolved an issue for non-US users signing up for ShipStation via Shopify or BigCommerce. Now new merchants will be assigned the correct billing plan profile for their home country during trial creation. Previously, everyone was being mapped to US billing plans.
- Batch grid layout - Reorder and resize columns: We have updated the Open, Processed, and Archived batch status pages so you can now click-and-drag to adjust the column headers size, rearrange them, and switch the display order for columns (ascending/descending). This change applies to batch lists, not batch details. Also, any changes you make to the batch statuses’ layout will persist if you switch between status tabs, and after logging out and back in again.
- Freightways - Updated service names (AU/NZ): Per Freightway’s request, we have updated 2 service names for Post Haste, New Zealand Couriers, Castle Parcels, and NOW Couriers:
- Two Day is now Two Day Inter Island
- Overnight is now Overnight Within Island
- Shopify V2 - Order Import speed: We have made some backend adjustments so that now, Shopify V2 orders import 8 times faster with speeds that closely match those of Shopify Legacy.
- Royal Mail:
- Royal Mail - Printed Papers package type: Royal Mail now offers Printed Papers, a new package type valid for international shipments between 2kg and 5kg.
- Customs Requirements for GB shipments to Northern Ireland: ShipStation merchants will no longer be presented with customs requirements for Royal Mail shipments sent from GB to Northern Ireland.
- BigCommerce V3 - Removing Beta Flag: We have removed the Beta flag for BigCommerce V3 as they have now completed Beta testing. Merchants who are making their initial BigCommerce connections will no longer see this flag.
- Product Inventory - Total Available: The Total Available inventory total within the product record now accurately reflects the inventory available in the given locations for all merchants. This column displays the total available inventory counts for a product from the internal and external inventory sources configured in your Inventory Settings. Previously some merchants who use multiple inventory sources (for example, ShipStation’s internal inventory along with FBA and FBA UK inventories) saw inaccurate counts for the inventory available in their given locations.
- Orders Details popup - Stock Levels: We fixed a bug so now you can see the proper stock levels for the item quantities in an order when that order’s inventory is tracked and the selected Ship From location is linked to an Inventory Source. These stock levels should be viewable for an order even if the order details are deep linked or if you refresh with the Order Details popup open. Now we will correctly fetch the stock levels in those scenarios.
- Create Label Error: We addressed the issue that caused the error message: Carrier services are probably not available; please try again later. Now you can connect to the carrier and create labels again.
- International Label Creation: We fixed the issue that prevented you from creating an International Label and triggered the error message: Internal Server Error from the API.
- International Label Information: Asendia International labels created in ShipStation now have both the Importer and Senders' phone numbers, as well as the All Address line, recipient BusinessName, HTS number, and unit weight (customs).
- Customs Information: The Country of Origin and HS tariff codes will now be included with the label and other documentation when you create international labels
- Tracking Request: We resolved the tracking issue that caused error message "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'city')". Tracking now performs as expected.
- Total Cost and Carrier Fee: The total cost and carrier fee will now reflect what was paid to Asendia, so that you can accurately track those values and report on them. Prior to the bug fix, when processing a label with Asendia, the carrier fee and total cost for the shipment displayed as $0.00.
- Order Number on Label: The order number will now be passed to Asendia when you create a label. This update lets you see the associated order when you are billed for shipments.
- CouriersPlease ShipStation One Balance (AU) - One service only: We only support one service for CouriersPlease ShipStation One Balance, and that is Domestic Service. We do not support TS0, TA0, TB0, TC0, TD0 for ShipStation One Balance.
- CouriersPlease (AU) - Service Updates: We do support TS0, TA0, TB0, TC0, TD0 services for CouriersPlease standard accounts (non-One Balance). Important: The services listed here all use a number zero 0 and not a letter O.
- DHL eCommerce AU - Tracking URL: The shipment notifications that we are sending to customers and selling channels will now have the correct tracking URL when shipping with DHL eCommerce in ShipStation.
- ePost Global - Tracking Links: We have fixed a bug so now ePost Global tracking links will link to the correct tracking page and will reflect tracking updates.
- Evri ShipStation Carrier Services (SCS) - WooCommerce tracking: We corrected a problem so you will now see the appropriate Carrier designation with WooCommerce orders when you create shipments using Evri through ShipStation Carrier Services (SCS). Previously, such orders appeared as ‘Other' and merchants had to manually adjust the carrier information on the WooCommerce side for their shipment information to validate and get tracking information.
- GlobalPost (GP) - Rates: We corrected a problem and now we are receiving rates and labels back from GlobalPost Standard & Economy Ship-In services as expected.
- GLS (US): We fixed the issue that required a Company Name for a Residential address to create a label. You can create GLS labels to residential addresses without entering anything into the Company Name field.
- FedEx: We added the Dominican Republic to the list of countries you can use with FedEx ETD Customs. Now you can ship from the US to the Dominican Republic with the appropriate customs requirements.
- DPD France: We addressed the issue that prevented label creation and triggered the error message: No permission for this ip-Address. You can create a DPD France label without error messages once again.
- DPD UK - Tracking for Cin7 shipments: Shipments and fulfillments will now update Cin7 with the correct carrier code (DPD) for DPD shipments to Cin7. This update means your customers will be able to track such shipments. Previously, for Cin7 orders sent via DPD UK, the carrier appeared as Other and tracking was not possible.
- Royal Mail - Void labels: We fixed the issue that caused Voided labels to not properly show up as Voided in ShipStation. Voided tracking numbers will now be crossed out and you can re-create the label.
- Duetsche Post Cross Border: Shipping labels will now print in portrait orientation instead of landscape to properly fit the dimensions of a 4 x 6 inch label. Previously, the landscape orientation cut off address information.
- Aramex (AU): We updated Aramex Labels to include Ship From info and Customs Value. We also improved the formatting for multi-item shipments so each item appears distinctly from the other.
- NZ Post International - Label with signatory name & HS Code: ShipStation merchants will now see their signatory name and HS Code appear (when populated in ShipStation settings) on NZ Post International labels. To pre-fill information like your signatory name and HS Code, go to Settings > Shipping > International Settings.
- Mondial Relay - Sender company name prints on label: We fixed a problem so that the sender's Company Name now correctly prints on Mondial Relay labels.
- Amazon Buy Shipping API - Tracking link: We updated the Shipping Tracking links so they lead to the carrier tracking page instead of a Google search.
- eBay - Custom Field for Tax ID: We fixed the Custom Field for Tax ID so when you import orders from eBay the Tax ID will display in the order.
- Etsy - We addressed the issue with the Etsy connection popup that displayed the error message, An unhandled exception occurred: Sequence contains no elements. You can now connect an Etsy store without errors.
- Fulfillment by Amazon (UK) - We fixed the issue that prevented ShipStation UK users from connecting an FBA account. Previously, merchants trying to connect got redirected to Amazon.com instead of Amazon.co.uk.
- Shipment Notifications: We resolved the issue that sent Shipment Notifications even when the setting in ShipStation was set to Disabled and should not have sent notifications.
- Shipment Notification - Error Message: We fixed a problem so Shopify shipment notifications will be sent successfully the first time without seeing this error: Could not refresh authorization credentials in a timely manner.
- Order Item Updates: When you update the quantity of items in an order in Shopify, the update will now appear in the ShipStation order as well. Previously, these quantities were out of sync.
- Inventory Settings - Orders in On-Hold Fulfillment status: We have fixed a bug with the Shopify’s Check for On-Hold Fulfillments setting in ShipStation, and it now works as expected. This setting automatically imports any Shopify fulfillment orders we detect in On-Hold Fulfillment status into On Hold status in ShipStation. If a new store refresh sees the order has been released from a Shopify On-Hold Fulfillment, we'll move it to the appropriate ShipStation status and update the fulfillable quantity accordingly.
- Order Import Error Message: Shopify orders now import into ShipStation without error, or have an error message that clearly states what the issue is. Previously some merchants saw a vague error message that read, Parameter value ‘92000000.00’ is out of range.