cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBA UK Tracking Links No Longer Populating on Email Templates

info196
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, 

We use FBA UK to fulfil a portion of our orders. 

At some point in the last few weeks, the tracking links which historically have been populated on our Shipstation generated Shipment Notification emails have stopped populating.

The tracking number itself populates fine, but the tracking link (which generally would go to https://www.swiship.co.uk/track?id= ) just isn't populating so the link doesn't work on the emails. 

Chat support seem to blame FBA for not sending the tracking link, however from what I can see even order orders on which the tracking link did work they also didn't send a tracking link. Shipstation must be creating these tracking links by dynamically populating the tracking number url with the tracking ID. 

So it feels like it's more likely to be an issue with Shipstation or their Integration with FBA.

Has anyone else experienced issues with their FBA tracking links no working in the last few weeks? 

Edit to add: this stopped working around 24th October. 

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

Hey there @info196

This is actually something that our team is aware of and currently investigating! Although I don't have more progress to report at this moment, please know that our team is working on this behavior! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

info196
Occasional Contributor

Any news on this? Still appears to be broken, causing us many an issue with customers. Thanks. 

Hey there @info196

No updates just yet, but I have setup to be updated when we hear any progression is made! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

info196
Occasional Contributor

Over 2 months now this has been broken... emails still go out without working tracking links.

...any news? Have they given up..?

Hello @info196

Thank you so much for being a part of our community and for bringing this to our attention. I want to look into this a little issue personally a bit further, so I am going to be private messaging you to gather some information about this. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager.

Hello - has this been resolved? We're seeing the same issue on all orders shipped via FBA (all countries, including UK) - no tracking link populating. Very frustrating experience for the customer, as their "Track Shipment" link points nowhere.

info196
Occasional Contributor

Another 3 weeks have passed and this is still broken???

Hello @info196

Thanks for your continued patience, right now it looks like this is still being worked on. I am still on the lookout and poking around internally to make sure as soon as we have updates I can share them with you. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager. 

Is this still being worked on actively? ALL FBA tracking links, not just UK, are not working. It's an incredibly big impact on our customer experience for half of our tracking links to work and half to not, since we're using FBA to strategically ship to only some of our customers. It's quite odd that this was identified as an issue and recognized as an issue on 11/4/2022 and there is no solution or concrete update over 5 months later.

info196
Occasional Contributor

So, 6 months later and this still isn't fixed. Tracking links are STILL dead. Unbelievably poor and sloppy. 

Has your development team even looked at this issue? 

The name of the courier also isn't printing correctly now, so if anything it's gotten worse: 

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 16.30.55.png

info196
Occasional Contributor
  • This stopped working around 24/10/2022 
  • This STILL hasn't been fixed and we're now on 21/08/2023

Hello @info196

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a reply on this matter. I have been able to confirm that a fix for this is currently in progress. I do not yet have a firm ETA, but you will be notified via your ticket the moment this has been deployed. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager