cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking workaround for Etsy Package Dimensions

moonlightmakers
New Contributor

It appears that Etsy requires package dimensions on their listings; however, stamps.com does not require dimensions in shipstation for first class packages. Because Etsy does, package dimensions keep importing on our orders and causing the shipping rate to be higher than it should be. Ex. we use poly mailers, but etsy is importing that a koozie has a package size of 4 x 4 x 1 --> this is creating large shipping overages. 

I attempted to create a rule to set package dimensions at 0 x 0 x 0 since stamps.com doesn't require them, but i can't save the rule because my values are 0. 

Has anyone identified a workaround for this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @moonlightmakers

I'm definitely see why this type of workaround is desired. 

If any of our community members have insights to this process they have used, we would love to hear them! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

moonlightmakers
New Contributor

yes!! can anyone help???

If you absolutely must have them at a dimension of 0x0x0, you could create a rule (or series of rules) that would in the end apply a tag for this purpose, and then apply a 'Bulk Update' to orders filtered by the tag. 

For us, the First Class option doesn't appear to have a price difference between 0x0x0 and 1x1x1.