cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon TAX / VAT being added to order total

jk47
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Amazon includes the tax/vat in the item price but orders from Amazon are being imported with tax added on.

e.g.

Product £10 that already includes £2 of tax but Shipstation is importing the order total as £12 which is wrong.

How can I stop this?

Thanks,

Jamie

9 REPLIES 9

Hey there @jk47

Thanks for joining us here in the community! We are thrilled you've joined us. 

Although it may not be a perfect solution, I do know that other accounts have had success in this realm by reaching out to Amazon. Since "Tax Paid" is not imported from Amazon currently, it's my understanding that the best way to get this done is to remove the VAT from Amazon and add the VAT number to ShipStation as a tax identifier. 

With that in mind, if any other community members have worked thru this on their own, and have any recommendations, I would be very interested to hear them! 

I hope this helps! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

jk47
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I don't want the VAT/tax removed from Amazon as it needs to be charged and in my Amazon finance reports.

So I'm not really sure what to ask them?

Cheers,

J

Hey there @jk47

It's my understanding that this has been achieved by several users, however i'm personally not positive about the process. I'm reaching out to my resources as well, I just haven't received an answer yet. As soon as I have more info, I will provide that! I just didn't want you to think I wasn't looking into this :). 

In the meantime, if any other community members have done this personally, I would strongly encourage them to help out their fellow community member! 

Hi there

I'm having this same issue too. We're hoping to put Shipstation live but this is a frustration as it's at odds with how other stores show VAT, and will cause confusion with our team members.

Any update on how this could be handled, apart from removing VAT from Amazon, which wouldn't be ideal.

Thanks 

jk47
Occasional Contributor

Doesn't seem like they care 🙄

Howdy @jk47

We absolutely do care! Surely as soon as I have any updates about this i'll share them. 

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

I have the same issue, it's not incumbent on us to send information to Shipstation in a way that removes tax. It's incumbent on Shipstation to calculate the tax accurately according to the information it is provided. How is that so difficult?

They do not care, i agree.

AJW
First-timer

Hi.

I am having this problem with my amazon orders and it makes it looks like the customer has paid more than it has.

I logged a support job with shipstation 2 weeks ago and still no answer apart from it has been passed to technical. Bearing in mind this thread started in 2022, I'll not hold my breath.

mb-nutsgroup
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I discussed this with ShipStation Support at length. Ultimately, they were very helpful but were unable to correctly display the 'Total' amount due to limitations with the data they receive via the Amazon API. It still double counts the VAT. 

We now have workarounds in place, so it's not really an issue for us any more. On our packing slips (which we pretty much use as invoices which are sent to customers with their order), we show the 'Total (inc VAT)' by using the 'Total Paid' field. We then list the VAT amount underneath. This way, we are able to show everything we need to display for the customer without actually using the 'Total' field as we do for other selling channels.

We don't have any problems with our reporting as the amounts in the ShipStation reports all appear to be correct. This simple workaround effectively resolves the issue for us. 

Hope this helps.