cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon packing slip bug?

mokabean
Occasional Contributor

for some reason the product title override on orders is no longer working on Amazon and I"m not getting the SKU's either.  I'm getting the full title, and image urls.  I'm having to look up each order and it is getting tedious.  Please fix. Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29

1ryan_hutton
Occasional Contributor

same. support says it's a known issue and they're working on a fix.

1ryan_hutton
Occasional Contributor

Still not fixed. This is going to be a very hectic week for us. Majority of our automation rules use the SKU as an identifier to update rates. Also we are a print on demand shop and our team uses SKU to locate artwork on our server. Shipstation please update API asap 

mokabean
Occasional Contributor

I haven't tried yet today.  But prime week will be hell if this isn't fixed.

mokabean
Occasional Contributor

ugh. I haven't tried yet today, but prime week will be hell if it isn't fixed soon.

adam90
Occasional Contributor

We're also having this issue. I reached out twice now, and they just keep saying "We're working on it" with no timeline or additional information. It's creating a nightmare for us. Not listed on their status page (everything is Operational) and they keep addressing it as "the issue I'm experiencing" instead of addressing it as an outage, which is even more frustrating.

adam90
Occasional Contributor

It's no help to anyone else, but for a frame of reference, I finally sat down at my computer 1 hour ago to try and figure out a solution here. In that time, I managed to pull the necessary data from Amazon, put it into a SQL database, and build my own integration into ShipStation's APIs to update the line items in their system with the SKU and correct information. Yet, by my count, this bug/issue has been happening since Friday around noon, and ShipStation is still "working on it."

Marc
New Contributor

The silence is ridiculous.  There are additional issues besides the missing SKU. 

We have custom items and the URL went from a zip link of the customization to 2 URLs of the item image.  Also, the sort by order date is not functioning properly.  It's like the time component of the order is missing.

Also, some orders that were imported correctly, have had their SKU removed.  Since Amazon order changes can be sync'ed back to shipstation, older orders are also affected.

So what else is FUBAR with the integration?

kayla-zk
Contributor

This whole thing is just unbearable. How is it that this is not an incident on the status.shipstation.com site?

kayla-zk
Contributor

GO TO SETTINGS and reprocess all of your automation rules if you can. I did this and it restored SOME of the saved product details and SKUS for a bunch of my Amazon orders. That or there actually are some fixes happening at the same time. Who knows.

Marc
New Contributor

Keep in mind that you will be reprocessing all of your automation rules for all of your orders.  If you've manually updates some orders (like I have), those changes will be lost.

Right of course, I forgot that not everyone may be familiar with that function.

Hey everyone! 

We appreciate y'all's patience while we worked through this SKU issue! I am happy to report the fix for this has been released! 

However, we are still working on the URL issue that was mentioned. When I have an update about that issue I will post that here accordingly! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

winfieldcollect
First-timer

It looks like it is fixed on our end.  I didn't have to make any updates, but new Amazon orders are coming in correctly.  Yay!

Mostly fixed for us too. SKUS are back. Packing slips still have a couple large URLS under the item title but we can deal.

kayla-zk
Contributor

Is anyone else's ability to buy Amazon shipping labels through ShipStation still being affected? I don't know if it was directly related to this issue but I can't even view Amazon shipping options in the rate calculator for any of our Amz orders. This is a significant issue on its own but began at the same time as the SKU issue(s) last week and does not seems to be resolving along with the SKU dilemma. The error message is invalid, no package types are hidden, all are enabled.

Screenshot_5.jpg

kenny2
First-timer

Nothing has changed on my end. I am noticing that instead of our actual SKU porting over I am seeing an ASIN come in under "SKU". I really hope this is solved before Prime Day. 

Deeks88
New Contributor

SKUs finally came back at end of day, but Now.... I cant even get amazon to work at all.. no Sync

Same. I can't resolve the sync issue no matter how many times I try to re-authorize ShipStation in Amazon and what not. ShipStation is active as a 3rd party so not sure why the issue persists.

Howdy y'all, 

I have received word that we have rolled out a fix for the Image URL issue on newly importing orders!

With that in mind, if you are still experiencing an import issue with Amazon, you will want to reach out to our support team right away for investigation. 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

adam90
Occasional Contributor

For a brief period (for me, anyhow), you guys were including the "CustomizedUrl" which was a URL to a zip folder containing all of the personalization/customization data for each item. That's not there again. Will that be coming back?

TSFUSION
New Contributor

I don't have a syncing issue but my sku #'s print in product details and i get image URL and image thumbnail URL in description as well. This is so annoying and I just got done having to rewrite their integration to Magento 2.4.4 with no help from ship station after 3 weeks still no reply from them but I found a savior on these forms who literally helped me through the problem for free. Ship station customer support is something that needs to be worked on because if this continues like this I will just find another provider.

Marc
New Contributor

I still have 2 issues with the Amazon integration and haven't heard back from support.

1. The soldto is using the shipto name. Sometimes it's different and you can only see the soldto/buyer name in the Amazon order list.
  2. The order date is based on the UTC date and not the Amazon date or the store date.  So around dinner time in the US, imported orders will not have the correct date.

mark2
Occasional Contributor

The issue just started for us last night.

Order age column is all over the place.

All orders are now importing with the ASIN as the SKU which has broken our automation rules, presets and, product info & custom titles.

We use Amazon Handmade and usually the customisation information doesn't import at all. We have a third party tool to get the information into ShipStation. Now it's importing a "CustomizedURL" as an Item Option which is a URL to a zip file which contains a JSON file and XML file of the customisation information.

In the queue for support currently.

mhuber
Occasional Contributor

Hey there, 

Any word on the "CustomizedURL" importing?  We are having the same issue with a currently open case.  No word other than for us to "fiddle" with the footer. See below.  Just wondering if you have gotten any real help in getting the custom URL removed or the customization to display.  

"We recommend fixing the issue by changing the image to base64. You will see that change in the HTML of the template footer. If you need to adjust the size of the image you can fiddle with the number seen here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/12uLrxLz"

mark2
Occasional Contributor

Not yet - the SKU issue is fixed. I had to reconfigure my connection with Amazon from within ShipStation and during the connection process you have the option to change the unique identifier from ASIN to SKU. It's not something I changed so it changed it's self at the same time as this CustomizedURL issue started.

Obviously there were some changes made by ShipStation/Amazon.

I have an ongoing support ticket that has been escalated.

adam90
Occasional Contributor

I also sell Amazon Handmade with personalization information. And, like all of you probably are, I was using Data Automation to sync the personalization data into ShipStation using the Google Chrome widget. The reason the widget has/had to be used was because the OLD Amazon Seller APIs didn't include the personalization data for Handmade orders. It did for all other orders...just not Handmade. 

Well, with the new Amazon Seller API that ShipStation switched to, the personalization data for Handmade orders is there (via the CustomizedURL.) However, I think this is causing Data Automation to NOT update those orders since it sees an "option" is already added to the order, so it skips over it. 

That said, for me, I personally am very glad to have the CustomizedURL in ShipStation as this allows me to use the ShipStation API to sync in the personalization data myself without the need for the Data Automation service (which has been great, but definitely finicky with having to keep a machine always on and logged in for the data to sync.)

mark2
Occasional Contributor

We use another third party tool which works the same way as the Data Automation solution and imports the orders via Chrome Extension. Ours is overwriting the CustomizedURL but on some orders it's seemly randomly reverting back to the CustomizedURL after some time. We then have to trick the third party tool into thinking it hasn't imported it yet to get it to overwrite the CustomizedURL field again so the information prints correctly on our packing slips.

The CustomizedURL isn't a usable solution for us as we need the customisation to show within ShipStation and on the packing slip in a human readable format and not a URL.

If ShipStation can process the data provided by the CustomizedURL into human readable item options then it would be perfect. If they can't do that then we need the option to ignore the CustomizedURL and continue with the third party tool.

I have just had an email from support as my ticket has now been escalated to the developers so hopefully we can get a fix sorted soon.

mhuber
Occasional Contributor

Yes, "human readable format" would be great!  Fingers crossed ShipStation can come through with a solution.  Sounds like everyone has a case (or three) still open. 

Thanks for your input.

mhuber
Occasional Contributor

Hey adam90,

Have you gotten the customizedURL to sync the personalized data into ShipStation yet?  I still only have the URL showing up.  It would be great to have the custom information on the packing slip, I just don't know how to get it to display.  I do have case open with SS but if you have already had success getting it to import I'd love to know how you did it. 

Thanks for your input!