cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon's New Delivery (OTDR) Policy - Will SS Still Work?

pweisberg
Occasional Contributor

Amazon Sellers: How are you reacting to Amazon's on-time delivery rate (OTDR) policy? Very unclear as to whether SS will comply, and if so, only for more expensive non USPS options.😕

New Amazon policy essentially will require you to only purchase shipping using Amazon's Buy Shipping Program or you will not meet their new delivery requirement of 90% "without promise extension." Translation: thought you were meeting OTDR in the past - likely it was because Amazon was "giving" you an extra 1-2 days of transit time. Not anymore - that "extension" is going away ..

Consequence? Not 100% clear - they state: "An OTDR below 90% can result in restriction of your ability to have seller-fulfilled products listed. " But if you know Amazon, this likely just the first action, next action is likely suspension.

Good news: SS seems to suggest that if you purchase Amazon Buy Shipping via SS platform AND turn on their automation, all is good and that will satify Amazon's new policy. (I don't believe this which also leads me to ..

Bad news? Buy Shipping increasingly will not be found on SS, especially if you are shipping under 1lb items with USPS GA. (At least that's what I'm finding).

Screen shot below from Amazon seems to suggest SS will only work if you are part of Amazon's Seller Fullfilled Prime which is not the same thing as normal Amazon FBM shipping that I would guess many of us do. So what are you finding. Has your OTDR dropped below 90% - mine did - from 98% to 50%? What are your plans to address. Sept 25 is the deadline. Thoughts? I like SS a lot - but will they have solution before Sept 25?

pweisberg_0-1723672537557.png

@shipstation @amazon @amazon2 @amazon1 

1 REPLY 1

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @pweisberg!

Thank you for the post. I have touched base with the developers, and it looks like we’re protected; we show Deliver-by Dates and ETAs from large carriers. You will need to check the delivery date and ensure the carrier and service they selected will fit the requirements. We’re also building this out to be more advanced in the future.

Happy Shipping!

-Carwa