cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composer Package Version 2.2.8 (auctane/api) Is Failing With XML Error In Magento 2.4.2p1

seattletechie
New Contributor

My current environment is Magento 2.4.2p1, Linux, PHP 7.4

I normally install the ShipStation extension by downloading the zipped folder and extracting it to app/code. I saw an updated composer package in the Magento Marketplace. Decided to install that using - composer require auctane/api. It downloads, installs and compiles without issue.

When I go to ShipStation.com and test my connection, it works Ok. Once, I click Connect, an error is thrown - an error occurred attempting to update orders: invalid xml. error: 'data at the root level is invalid. line 1, position 1.' we received: 'an error has happened during application run. see exception log for details.

ShipStation is unable to connect to the store. The Magento system.log file indicates an issue with the file Export.php at line 292.

main.CRITICAL: TypeError: Argument 2 passed to Auctane\Api\Model\Action\Export::addXmlElement() must be of the type string, null given, called in /home/public_html/vendor/auctane/api/Model/Action/Export.php on line 354 and defined in home/public_html/vendor/auctane/api/Model/Action/Export.php:292

I have an open ticket with support. I'll provide updates.

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @seattletechie

Thanks for bringing this behavior to our attention! We are thrilled that you would turn to the community! 

Due to the nature of the error message that you mentioned there, you actually did the very best thing by reaching out to Support! They will be more than happy to assist in getting to the root of this Magento behavior that you are seeing! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

SteveWine
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this, we have the same errors and are running the same version of Magento.  Did ShipStation fix this for you?

Thanks

Steve

Issue isn't mentioned in the release notes as being fixed in Auctane version 2.2.9.

2.2.9:
Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
Stability: Stable Build
Description:
- Fixed: when exporting orders, if the phone number linked with the billing address is missing, the server fails
- Fixed: when some properties are empty the export process crashes
- Added: localization support for Mexico and German

However, I did apply my own fix. Check this file on line 292 - auctane/api/Model/Action/Export.php

Remove the word "string" in both places. I can't post the exact coding because this forum will block the post as malicious. Then try upgrading, compiling again and check your connection from ShipStation to your store.