cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info372
First-timer (legacy)
When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?
114 Comments
meghan
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to mark as delivered for shipments I know that were delivered. Having orders showing as "shipped" when they are delivered would really improve our workflow.
meghan
First-timer (legacy)
Yes please, it would greatly improve workflow to be able to mark items as delivered so they are not in limbo as "shipping".
agreen
First-timer (legacy)
this is desperately needed!
orders47
First-timer (legacy)
Our shipments are roughly 50% parcel and 50% LTL freight. We would use Shipstation more extensively (and upgrade our subscription tier to account for the additional orders processed!) if we had the option to add tracking and carrier info to an order to mark it as shipped. Instead, we have to cancel all LTL orders in Shipstation and send LTL tracking info to the customer manually. This is silly. All you need to do is add the ability to add custom carrier names to the drop-down on the interface to mark an order as shipped. That's it! Thanks.
lindsay2
First-timer
It would be great if there was a feature that allowed us to select orders, and send an email to everyone based off a template. I set up a template for pick up orders, but there isn't a way to send it manually via shipstation (only if I "ship" an order). I know that SS was not created for pickup orders, but with the changes resulting from the pandemic, it is a "delivery method" that is selected more and more, and would be a highly appreciated feature add. I can't believe that a pick-up feature was requested in 2017 and still hasn't been implemented! This is a huge miss on SS part.
Jason21
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for engaging, but respectfully, this does not address the real issue. It's quite easy to type in ISPU or PICKUP and choose "Other" as the shipping service when marking an order as shipped. The actual problem is a staff member pulling up an order to fulfill it, and not having a clear indication ANYWHERE in ShipStation or on an invoice or packing slip that prints from ShipStation that says it's an In-Store Pickup. Probably a dozen times a staff member has shipped an order that's an In-Store Pickup because there's no indication anywhere that something is an In-Store Pickup. Using tags as a workaround is not good because then employees have to manually remember to check tags every time they ship an order? That's not going to work. We need a specific mapping that correlates to an "In-Store Pickup" in the ship method. This will prevent an order accidentally getting shipped which is what's important here. Thanks, Jason
info226
First-timer (legacy)
Another vote for being able to enter a custom carrier when selecting "other"! We do a combo of freight and parcel. If we could enter a custom name for the carrier, remote team members could see at a glance both the carrier and the tracking/pro number for all orders. Right now this only works for parcel shipments. (And that info could be carried back to our inventory/order integration with Dear Systems, also super useful.) Bonus if we could create a custom carrier entries in the carrier list section complete with tracking link formats, so that when we enter the pro number under 'mark as shipped' it gets appended, such as: https://www.aduiepyle.com/LTL/ShipmentTracking?Pro=[[tracking number]]
david2
First-timer
yes, we would like a Local Pickup option as well. When marked shipped with Other - the email generated by Shipstation says shipped via Other. What we really would like email to say is: your order is ready for Local Pickup or something like that. Thank you!!
jess
First-timer (legacy)
I have 3 votes on this but want to suggest a hack for people struggling. If you can have the marketplace requested service as Will Call or LTL, or something unique, you can then use automation to define a custom Shipment Confirmation Notification Email Template and custom code the necessary info. For will call we have one that says its ready for pickup, and gets sent once the order is picked. For freight, we always use the same provider so I created a custom email template that includes a hard-coded provider tracking url with the [Tracking #] field added where appropriate. So when we mark as shipped using other, the tracking ID works in the confirmation email. Example url: http://www.shipmentprovider.com/tracking=[Tracking #] This is a hack but hopefully helps until this is addressed by Shipstation.
justin6
First-timer (legacy)
i also support this need. i dont know how to manage this. i did create an email template, rule, and action for local pickups as opposed to shipped orders but i dont know how to process it as shipped and trigger the email