cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian11
First-timer (legacy)
We do a lot of presales on shirts that can't be shipped right away when sold. It would be nice if we could select orders from any list of orders and send an email to those customers. It would just be another action at the top of an order table like hold until, mark as shipped, etc. It would open a dialog that would allow us to put in a subject and a body for an email to update the customers about the status of the items they have ordered. This would cut down on a LOT of support emails if we could easily message to these people on a regular basis while they are waiting on their order to ship.
65 Comments
josh60
First-timer (legacy)
I have a product that will ship a few days late, it would be great if I could send an email to all customers that ordered this product and are awaiting shipment. Additionally, I would like to give them a refund on shipping cost. It would be great to have that feature as well.
dean_heckler
First-timer (legacy)
A variation on this, or option, would be to copy the email addresses for the selected people to the clipboard (separated by semicolons). Therefore the email could be sent from an email client rather than ShipStation servers.
ian11
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed dcheckler.. but from a standard email server one can only send to around 100 emails at a time and often there is a daily limit of 500 or so. A lot of times.. like right now.. I will have 200+ orders waiting on product. I don't want to have to manually split up those emails. Maybe mailchimp integration? That would work for me.
daniel41
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, yes, yes. We would like to use EMAIL TEMPLATE feature of ShipStation for this request, so we can select/check the order, push email button (perhaps next to Hold or Cancel button), select an email template, and send. Even sending template emails to one customer at a time would save much time.
daniel41
First-timer (legacy)
Oh, with EMAIL TEMPLATES, it would be nice for the pop up to allow you to select the template and have a field to add additional notes to the email at the end, as P..S. option ....
mike111
First-timer (legacy)
This would be a huge help for us as it relates to backordered items. We need to email customers quite a bit, to notify of backordered items. If our warehouse team could do all of that within ShipStation, as opposed to jumping back into our marketplace, that would be a big help for our guys and would keep all their tasks manageable within the ShipStation platform..
jeremy33
First-timer (legacy)
Being able to send custom emails to individual or bulk customers is essential. Coming from ShipWorks I feel let down that this isn't already an option. 😞
info1139
First-timer (legacy)
I agree that it would be nice to be able to select orders and send emails or invoices to them and select a template at the time of sending. It would be helpful on backordered things but also when asking for feedback or reviews. I switched from Shipworks to Shipstation in the fall and Shipworks had this feature. It's just nice to not have to go copy the email in order to communicate something with the buyer.
sophia1
First-timer (legacy)
Totally Agree, I really need this feature too. Shipstation please add it!
sophia1
First-timer (legacy)
Looks like one way to deal with it, at least if you are doing manual orders is: Create your custom email, set it as the shipping confirmation email for your manual store, select all your orders that are backordered and select 'Mark as Shipped', click the box to notify customer, click Mark as Shipped... email will be sent, now go to Shipped orders and select all of those and restore them to awaiting shipment, and reset your shipping confirmation email. Just an idea... I just did a test batch and it seems like it works.